Reputable BVI Shop for Rendezvous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onepointfivethumbs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My family is planning on chartering a sailboat in the BVI this spring, and I am eager to use my new Nitrox card and check off hitting the Rhone.
My father and brother, both strong swimmers, are non-certified but interested in a DSD program and then if possible joining me on the Rhone.

I reached out to Sail Caribbean Divers on multiple occasions and have gotten no response, I emailed them, I called them and was told to email them, and sent yet another which they still have not responded to.

I know the pace of life is a little slower and people tend to go along to get along but going on three months without a response seems excessive.

My ideal itinerary would be an AM DSD on Cooper or with a rendezvous boat to another site, but I could stretch it to two days to make sure they’re taken care of and then a two-tank trip after?

Any recommendations for shops or people to reach out to?

I did the Rhone with Sail Caribbean Divers in 2021 and they typically offer either a one-tank dive on the Rhone or a two-tank on the Rhone and a nearby reef. Either an AM DSD with a second dive or two days would be fun, the people are great and the Cooper Island location is super convenient.

It's odd you called and they said to email, I'd guess you're still too far out for them to be thinking about booking. In 2021 we arranged all our dives by calling 2 days before and had no issues, we're returning this year for a Christmas sailing trip and reached out over email this month, they replied the next day. Maybe sometime in between is the sweet spot though, the itinerary they sent was only one-tank Rhone dives or two-tank Rhone/reef dives and we're looking to branch out. Emailed Dive BVI to see if they have more options and can report back after the trip.

My family is planning on chartering a sailboat in the BVI this spring, and I am eager to use my new Nitrox card and check off hitting the Rhone.
My father and brother, both strong swimmers, are non-certified but interested in a DSD program and then if possible joining me on the Rhone.

I reached out to Sail Caribbean Divers on multiple occasions and have gotten no response, I emailed them, I called them and was told to email them, and sent yet another which they still have not responded to.

I know the pace of life is a little slower and people tend to go along to get along but going on three months without a response seems excessive.

My ideal itinerary would be an AM DSD on Cooper or with a rendezvous boat to another site, but I could stretch it to two days to make sure they’re taken care of and then a two-tank trip after?

Any recommendations for shops or people to reach out to?
You can send an email to Dive BVI - using the info@divebvi.com - they are really busy right now but they can help you plan something for Spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom