REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered mine today for the Versa Pro. I just feel I have a better chance of not loosing it with the bungie mount. The watchband style scare me. Thanks for making this item!!! :D

I just got my DSS mount for my Aeris Elite and it fits fine. The mount is a littel higher profile than the original boot, but now I don't have to deal with a strap. The only negative is that the DSS boot/mount covers up the battery compartment, which means I will have to remove it from the new boot every time I need to change the battery. Anybody have a solution for this?

I just got my DSS mount for my Aeris Elite and it fits fine. The mount is a littel higher profile than the original boot, but now I don't have to deal with a strap.

??? With the DSS Mount the bottom of the instrument is raised above your arm by less than .050"

The only negative is that the DSS boot/mount covers up the battery compartment, which means I will have to remove it from the new boot every time I need to change the battery. Anybody have a solution for this?

How often do you change batteries?

Tobin

I just got my DSS mount for my Aeris Elite and it fits fine. The mount is a littel higher profile than the original boot, but now I don't have to deal with a strap. The only negative is that the DSS boot/mount covers up the battery compartment, which means I will have to remove it from the new boot every time I need to change the battery. Anybody have a solution for this?

buy a new computer instead of replacing the battery? :)

??? With the DSS Mount the bottom of the instrument is raised above your arm by less than .050"

Tobin

Sorry, I didn't measure the difference

Since the original boot has a hole in the back, it is very convenient to change the batteries. The DSS mount covers this hole thus it is less convenient to change the batteries. I like convenience almost as much as I like customer service.

Got my VT3 mount (and my SK7 mount) a few days ago. Just mounted them, and looking forward to using them tomorrow.

Thanks Tobin!

I figure I'll change my Elite T3's battery once a year. Figure about a 10-minutes (being generous here) session once a year. It ain't a big thing for me.

I dived with the DSS mount for the first time this weekend, with a drysuit. It works great. Easy on, no need to tighten it, easy off. Gloves were not an issue. No adjustment needed at any depth, unlike my watch band, which would sometimes slip or rotate, unless it was really tight on the surface. Great upgrade. Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. The only minor negative is that the download cable does not stay connected, without holding with your finger on the connection point. It doesn't "click" in place like the original mount, and will pop out during download unless you hold it in place. But it does not pose a real problem. Really great product. Thanks Tobin.

Tobin

If for some reason the battery dies, it just becomes less convenient to put a new one in, without hot water available to soak the mount in (unless there is another trick to removing it from the mount). Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the mount to the original strap. I probably need a backup computer anyway.

If for some reason the battery dies, it just becomes less convenient to put a new one in, without hot water available to soak the mount in (unless there is another trick to removing it from the mount). Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the mount to the original strap. I probably need a backup computer anyway.

It takes maybe a minute to R&R the instrument in the field without any aides, just your bare hands, if you have any hand strength at all.

**Edit, just timed myself, it took 28 seconds to remove and reinstall the mount, no hot water**

It will probably take longer for you to open the retail package the replacement battery is sold in.

If that's a deal breaker for you I can only suggest using a different mount.

The DSS style mounts will never feature an open back for battery service.

Tobin

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom