REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

**Edit, just timed myself, it took 28 seconds to remove and reinstall the mount, no hot water**

Tobin

That's awesome. Perhaps you could manufacture yourself a trophy.

In all seriousness, is there some trick to removing the mount that quickly. Is there a particular part of the mount that you start at?

That's awesome. Perhaps you could manufacture yourself a trophy.

In all seriousness, is there some trick to removing the mount that quickly. Is there a particular part of the mount that you start at?

Push on the bottom center with your thumbs while you pull down on the areas where the bungee holes are with your fingers. The instrument just pops out.

Out in a few seconds, back in takes maybe 15-20 seconds.

It is kinda silly to keep focusing on what for most users is a yearly or even less frequent service interval. It's really not an issue.

Tobin

I dived with the DSS mount for the first time this weekend, with a drysuit. It works great. Easy on, no need to tighten it, easy off. Gloves were not an issue. No adjustment needed at any depth, unlike my watch band, which would sometimes slip or rotate, unless it was really tight on the surface. Great upgrade. Can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. The only minor negative is that the download cable does not stay connected, without holding with your finger on the connection point. It doesn't "click" in place like the original mount, and will pop out during download unless you hold it in place. But it does not pose a real problem. Really great product. Thanks Tobin.

I now have a VT3, and use the same boot. Although the download cable for the Aeris is not a perfect fit for this mount, it is for the VT3. Perfect fit. There must be a slight difference in the shape of the cable between the two computers. Great product.

I used this thread as an instruction on how to install my Atmos Elite in this mount and it was a big help, thanks to all who posted, especially the pictures.

Jim

I just ordered my VT3 boot. Thanks diveseekers for the good work in making a boot for this computer!

thread resurrection!

just wanted to confirm if this same boot will also work with the new Hollis TX1 trimix computer?
i think it is practically the same, not sure tho, as the vt3/vt4 and the rest of oceanic/aeris pdc's described.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom