REQUEST :: Bungee Mount for Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We market our mounts for use with the instruments that we have tested and found to be satisfactorily compatible.

Tobin

Okay, nevermind then. Already ordered the VT3 kit. Now I'll just use my research and develop for the compass mount. :D

Let me start by saying that this is just my opinion, so don't shoot me for it. I've run across a couple of DSS BP/W rigs out in the field and was generally impressed with their quality. So it pains me to have to say this, but I think Tobin could've done better. Maybe it was the equipment, maybe he was in a rush, maybe he just needs a professional to come in and help out, I don't know. My advice is this. . .

Get a photographer, 'cause those pictures he posted of the VT3 mount just did not do the mount justice. . . This thing is BAAAD AAASS!!! I can't wait to get this thing out in the water. Heck, I'm even thinking about jumping in my pool just to get it wet. The fit and finish are both outstanding. It looks like the VT3 came from the factory this way (they should really consider buying these things from DSS and making them an OEM option) . All that's left to do is get the bungee length set-up for my exposure protection and I'm done. X-mas came a day early.

Mr. George, I salute you!!!

Many thanks to FISHOUTUvH2O. The generous loan of his VT3 and download cable allowed me to make the final tweeks to our new Mold for the VT3.

These mounts will accept Both the current VT3 and the previous VT-Pro

These will be on our website later today. $20 each. We do sell bungee, 5/32" dia, $.75 / ft. Each mount requires about 3 ft.

Tobin

Yeah baby!!!! I will be ordering mine soon :crafty: . Thanks a million Tobin.

See aren't we all glad I started this topic? :eyebrow: Do I get a free shirt as well? :D

Yeah baby!!!! I will be ordering mine soon :crafty: . Thanks a million Tobin.

Your welcome. We have stock, ready to ship.

See aren't we all glad I started this topic? :eyebrow: Do I get a free shirt as well? :D

Tell ya what, after I sell the ~1500 or so I need to amortize the cost of the mold I'll be happy to send you a shirt. Let me know what size. :wink:

Tobin

This thing is BAAAD AAASS!!! I can't wait to get this thing out in the water. Heck, I'm even thinking about jumping in my pool just to get it wet. The fit and finish are both outstanding. It looks like the VT3 came from the factory this way (they should really consider buying these things from DSS and making them an OEM option) . All that's left to do is get the bungee length set-up for my exposure protection and I'm done. X-mas came a day early.

Mr. George, I salute you!!!

FishOutUvH2O,

Thanks for the kind words, and again thank you very much for the generous loan of your VT3 and download cable. Those are "must have's" for the mold designer.

Tobin

Just placed my order. Didn't think Tobin was going to be making these, but sure glad he is. I'm guessing a lot of people are really glad he is. Thanks Tobin!!!

Another order placed here. Thanks again to Tamas for starting the thread, and Tobin for making the mount.

(One small moan - any chance of a more "international address friendly" order form?:D )

Another order placed here. Thanks again to Tamas for starting the thread, and Tobin for making the mount.

(One small moan - any chance of a more "international address friendly" order form?:D )

Thanks for the order.

Trying to provide "auto calculate" for freight costs outside of the US is a complex problem. The "best method" depends on the weight and value of the shipment, and the customers requirement for speed, tracking and insurance. The available transport options, and cost of each also differ depending on the destination.

The range of variables is simply to great to allow for instant automatic calculation.

I recognize that this requires a bit more communication between DSS and our foreign customers. We do endeavor to keep our customers total cost to a minimum while offering the greatest range of choices.

Tobin

Thanks for the order.

Trying to provide "auto calculate" for freight costs outside of the US is a complex problem. The "best method" depends on the weight and value of the shipment, and the customers requirement for speed, tracking and insurance. The available transport options, and cost of each also differ depending on the destination.

The range of variables is simply to great to allow for instant automatic calculation.

I recognize that this requires a bit more communication between DSS and our foreign customers. We do endeavor to keep our customers total cost to a minimum while offering the greatest range of choices.

Tobin

Totally understand about the auto-calculation - I was really just looking for the ability to enter a full billing and shipping address on the form, rather than entering "other" for the country, and following up with an email. Not a major problem though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom