Rescue course... have manual, need the end of chapter tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdove

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm taking the PADI Rescue class this week, have the manual (my husband's copy), but need the end-of-chapter tests. His were torn out, and we can't find them. Anyone have the blank pages? Would you be willing to email me a copy? I hate to buy a new book just for the tests.
Thanks in advance!
KD

1) they kept my tests, too
2) Uh...it's copyrighted, and this instance is NOT classified under "fair use policy".

While I could be wrong, I would be surprised if any PADI facility or instructor would allow you to use photocopied chapter quizzies. As as been previously stated, that is copy righted material and there is no "fair use" in your application. I realize that you hate to buy the books "just for the test", but that is what PADI does....they publish books for sale.

Phil Ellis

rats! didn't think about the copyright issue.

The tests at the end of each chapter.... to be given to your instructor.
(yah.. I know I'm cheap.... but my thought is always..."Do you know how many DIVES that is??)

I could be wrong, but I believe that PADI requires you to buy the book for your training course now. I've heard from two operators (one I actually trust) that the certification is connected with the book (not physically!) and you've got to buy. My trusted operator used to help alleviate the cost of the books for his students, but can't do that anymore. Vague enough on that last part? I hope!

I could be wrong, but I believe that PADI requires you to buy the book for your training course now. I've heard from two operators (one I actually trust) that the certification is connected with the book (not physically!) and you've got to buy. My trusted operator used to help alleviate the cost of the books for his students, but can't do that anymore. Vague enough on that last part? I hope!

It actually IS physically connected. You are required to fill in the tests, then tear them out for submission to your instructor. This gives the originals into your instructor's custody to prove that you actually did the tests. (and it keeps anyone else from doing the tests without buying another book) -N

Im sure the instructor has to verify they are completed but is NOT required to keep them or tear them out.

I could be wrong, but I believe that PADI requires you to buy the book for your training course now.

Not quite - you have to OWN the materials which isnt the same as buying them for the course. The ebay market is quite large as a result and so on and families can use existing books if its in the same house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom