Rescue course ( PADI ) in SM ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be very careful when cutting on sidemount rigs... If you cut mine like an idiot, I'll sink straight to the bottom of the ocean, which is sad. The weights are in the harness, which is under the BC, which is a separate item (Stealth 2.0). So if you cut the BC, bye bye.

As for more difficult with sidemount, surely if you have 2 tanks instead of 1. But remember that sidemount can be done with a single tank as well....
That's why I use the DTD weight pockets attached to the wing. Gone are the days where I let myself get into a weighted but not supported configuration.

That's why I use the DTD weight pockets attached to the wing. Gone are the days where I let myself get into a weighted but not supported configuration.
Well I was slightly exagerating. Normally I shouldn't drop into the abyss for the simple reason that I'm not overweighted and my BC has little inherent buoyancy (and you'll most likely have removed the tanks first).

But since my BC is small, there's really no reason to remove it anyway. It was just a quick note that "slice and dice" might not be the best approach, always go for the harness if you're gonna cut.

Pretty sure you could (and it most likely has happened) do the same thing to any hog' diver by cutting the harness without having dropped the weight belt. Normal procedure that is taught is to remove the belt and cut the harness. If you follow that on me, there's no worries to have.

I see no reason not to. I would actually think twice if there was a refusal for some reason. You should absolutely practice in a configuration that you dive regularly. When i did mine thru ssi there were people in SM, BPW, jacket BCs a mix of cylinder sizes as well. I wore my mini doubles (lp 72s)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom