Research surrounding scuba therapy …

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
…was the subject yesterday at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago as Daniel A. Goodman, MS, MD Resident Physician at RIC and Diveheart Founder and President Jim Elliott presented to a roomful of physicians and therapists during an RIC Grand Rounds. The talk inspired many in the room to pursue additional research like the study on Autism and Scuba Therapy highlighted in this WGN TV Medical Report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckAnlNnX8s&feature=youtu.be
IMG_4927.jpgIMG_4926.jpg

…was the subject yesterday at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago as Daniel A. Goodman, MS, MD Resident Physician at RIC and Diveheart Founder and President Jim Elliott presented to a roomful of physicians and therapists during an RIC Grand Rounds. The talk inspired many in the room to pursue additional research like the study on Autism and Scuba Therapy highlighted in this WGN TV Medical Report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckAnlNnX8s&feature=youtu.be
View attachment 215418View attachment 215419

I am really glad to see there is an organization that is committed to reaching out to those with disabilities and show them the joy of scuba diving!!!

I have previously participated with an organization called "Life Rolls On" which we help those with disabilities ( spinal paralysis as well as other disabilities))lay down on a surf board and ride small waves. They love it and we love watching them smile. Know that I am into diving I hope to do something in this area as well!

Please visit our site and let us know if we can send you items or even if there is something you wish could be made to help your cause!
Will be glad to help.
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

Frank, We would love your support. You have a great line of products and would happily take any type of donation that you would like to give Diveheart. We could use the items at one of our upcoming fundraisers. Thank you so much for your friendship and support. Jim

Frank, We would love your support. You have a great line of products and would happily take any type of donation that you would like to give Diveheart. We could use the items at one of our upcoming fundraisers. Thank you so much for your friendship and support. Jim

Awesome, I will put together a package of mounts to send, just PM us your name and mailing address so we can send it to you.

Best Regards,
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

Frank, That is awesome our address at Diveheart is 900 Ogden Ave #274 Downers Grove, Illinois 60515. Thank you so much. will you be at DEMA in Orlando? Diveheart is at booth 1449

Got it! I will wed out product. I was also wondering, is the general how the response is among those on this board. As someone who has participated with disabled in other sports I find this to be a great opportunity for people such as ourselves to take interest and understand how much joy we can bring to those with disabilities. The least I can do is send product to you.

What I really want to do is to help to get the word out, and perhaps help try to get other organizations such LRO (Life rolls on) to work with yours organization here in CA. The ultimate goal would be to work up to well coordinated shallow ocean dive.

Here in San Diego CA we have a the La Jolla shores dive site. On the south end is where it is very calm allowing for kayakers and divers to enter.
These are just some thoughts I wanted to share and it would be nice to see someday happen. If there is anything else I can do let us know, in the mean time thanks be doing this and I really NEED to do more!

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

I like the way you think. let's talk. call my cell when you have time 630-408-1920. I've worked off La Jolia before when i was helping Navy Seals get a program going at Coronado. I also helped get the adaptive scuba program going at Camp Pendelton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom