Reserving with Scuba Shack in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve never heard of a business accepting Zelle. I bank with Chase, and it’s marketed as a person to person payment method,

I’ve never heard of a business accepting Zelle. I bank with Chase, and it’s marketed as a person to person payment method,

I run a biz and accept Zelle. It’s da bomb. Customers love it. Paypal OTOH stinks.

I run a biz and accept Zelle. It’s da bomb. Customers love it. Paypal OTOH stinks.

Yes I started accepting Zelle and it's really easy.

@mediumone - a friend of mine was trying to send money from her Hawaiian credit union - they don't use Zelle, but have another "person to person" method.TWICE it never sent me the notification so I could "accept" the money, but they debited her account. It was a hassle to get it straightened out because they have no back-up method to "accept" the money.

I've never had issues with Zelle on the other hand.

AS far as Venmo, I also have a T-Mobile account with an Austin, TX number - I was still unable to set-up Venmo even when I was in the states but I am going to try again when I'm in Minnesnowta this fall. @lionfish-eater maybe we can meet up for that coffee or boat ride this year!

when I'm in Minnesnowta this fall. @lionfish-eater maybe we can meet up for that coffee or boat ride this year!

Looking forward to it
KHSiB1B237h5vamVnwCZByCMw1-1uMIine2i4--NU3MYxGsCbZcGECodswh7Yywesc-fmWv_bgfE5yUTri2=w582-h775-no.jpg

Yes I started accepting Zelle and it's really easy.

@mediumone - a friend of mine was trying to send money from her Hawaiian credit union - they don't use Zelle, but have another "person to person" method.TWICE it never sent me the notification so I could "accept" the money, but they debited her account. It was a hassle to get it straightened out because they have no back-up method to "accept" the money.

I've never had issues with Zelle on the other hand.

AS far as Venmo, I also have a T-Mobile account with an Austin, TX number - I was still unable to set-up Venmo even when I was in the states but I am going to try again when I'm in Minnesnowta this fall. @lionfish-eater maybe we can meet up for that coffee or boat ride this year!
Suggestions for the best app or process to send money from the US to someone in Cozumel? Need to send money to a friend down there so he can buy something for me and it can't wait till I'm down there in September.

Suggestions for the best app or process to send money from the US to someone in Cozumel? Need to send money to a friend down there so he can buy something for me and it can't wait till I'm down there in September.
If he has a bank account on the island, I'm pretty sure whatever bank you use can do a wire transfer from your account to his.

If he has a bank account on the island, I'm pretty sure whatever bank you use can do a wire transfer from your account to his.

I think XOOM would be less expensive. I've never used it, but cvchief has, and has posted his satisfaction with the service. As I understand it, you can send it to a bank, or pick up the funds from electra.

@horn34

XOOM - but it will take a few days the first time to get your account set up and verified.

Then he will need to give you his name, date of birth and address EXACTLY how it is on his ID (Credential Elector) and he can pick it up at Chedraui, Elektra oe wherever you designate. I find Elektra to be the best because they have fewer restrictions regarding the amount per day. Speaking of amount, make sure to check that - some have limits of $10,000 pesos per day others have limit of $50,000 pesos per day - exchange rate is typically fair - not great but reasonable

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom