Resizing in Photoshop CS2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scott&sara

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We use CS2 to post process our digital pictures. Currently to resize the pictures for the web (800 x 600) and save as a JPEG we open each picture and perform a "save for web". This is fine if we need to manipulate or color correct the picture but if all we need to do is resize it is a PITA and time consuming.

Is there a way to do a batch resize and "save as" in CS2? I have searched around and have been unable to find any info on this.

Thanks,
Scott

I don't have it installed on my system here, but I've created actions that do just that - resize and then save with an appended filename. I had multiple actions for different sizes - 320x200, 640x480, 800x600, etc., and ones for portrait-oriented too (though you could probably do something clever around that).

Yes I think there is a couple different ways.

I just moved from 7 to CS4 so I am hoping things are in the same spot.

First you can make an action.

Second you can go to File then I think it is automate, under there there is an option which I can not think of the name that will give you the ability to choose a folder where the pics are, the process you want, rename, resize, etc and a folder to output to if it is different.

Thirdly, go to File then Batch, here you can take a action you have created and run it againist a bunch of pics in a specific file. Like number 2 but you choose a action you made.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

In Adobe Bridge select the images you want to resize, choose Tools > Photoshop Services > Image Processor. This will open up Photoshop and the Image processor toolbox. If you are resizing a batch of images you will have to select all those in landscape or portrait orientation in separate batches.

Or in Photoshop go to File > Scripts > Image Processor. This will let you process a whole folder of images at once. Just remember the Portrait / Landscape orientation thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom