Resolution question for those with a C5050....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taucher

Reaction score
Well, since my "great deal" on the C8080 fell through, amongst other things as well, I am considering a C5050 as well as the C8080. For those with a C5050, can anyone answer the following?
When you take pictures in TIFF format, what is the picture size when resolution is 300 dpi ?

For example, in my C3000, TIFF format still stores at 72 dpi. When I resize to 300 dpi (using photoshop 7) and do NOT resample or compress the image, the resulting print at 300 dpi will be 6.827" x 5.12" (approximately a 5 x 7). I'm curious what you get with a C5050?

Reason I'm asking is I will be having a fair amount of my digital pictures printed and want to know how big I can get and still maintain a minimum of 300 dpi. I'm used to dealing with film, where an 11 x 18 enlargement is still very crisp and clear. I've always considered 300 dpi as the minimum resolution for crisp clear prints, so, what will I get with the C5050? TIA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom