Resort's " New Normal " Rule - No AIR 2 or diving your long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The question is whether primary donate poses enough of a general risk to divers for dive ops to mandate gear configurations.

In the UK, BSAC did a review of out-of-air incidents, and their factual study concluded that hogarthian looped long hoses added to risk in out of air situations and created additional dangers. Consequently they prohibited their use in BSAC training. Members are free to have whatever configuration suits them for their own recreational diving. It was controversial within the membership because some members did use hog loops, and some probably still do. But it was an evidence led decision and the leadership went with the evidence.

I am not aware of any similar evidence led study, other than GUE/DIR evangelical dogma, in favour of the hog loop. :poke:

I like the AIR2 for the high BC inflation flow rate compared to regular inflators.

In the UK, BSAC did a review of out-of-air incidents, and their factual study concluded that hogarthian looped long hoses added to risk in out of air situations and created additional dangers. Consequently they prohibited their use in BSAC training. Members are free to have whatever configuration suits them for their own recreational diving. It was controversial within the membership because some members did use hog loops, and some probably still do. But it was an evidence led decision and the leadership went with the evidence.

I am not aware of any similar evidence led study, other than GUE/DIR evangelical dogma, in favour of the hog loop. :poke:

I went to a dog park.and interviewed everyone about what there favorite pet was. A vast majority said dogs were superior to any other animal...... therefore I'm proposing that all other pets be banned.

I think you are mistaken. Air 2's and similar devices are rather common in many recreational settings. Perhaps you are unaware of that situation. A good percentage of people who use scuba Pro Bc's use them - based on my causal observations.

Maybe Air 2's are a USA, Carribean, Mexico diving thing. I have never seen Air 2's used in Europe, Asia, Maldives and Africa. Not once.

I've seen them decorating the walls of dive shops ...

I went to a dog park.and interviewed everyone about what there favorite pet was. A vast majority said dogs were superior to any other animal...... therefore I'm proposing that all other pets be banned.

Interesting that you would compare GUE/DIR to a dog park ... :rofl3:

Interesting that you would compare GUE/DIR to a dog park ... :rofl3:

My other examples would have had this thread in the PUB, point is I can do a survey/case study and have it come out anyway I want just be changing my sample criteria.

My other examples would have had this thread in the PUB, point is I can do a survey/case study and have it come out anyway I want just be changing my sample criteria.

It was not a survey or case study. Actual Incidents Analyses. The original report is available on the internet to read if you search for it.

I am not aware of any similar evidence led study, other than GUE/DIR evangelical dogma, in favour of the hog loop.

I'm still waiting for references to your actual case studies. Put up or ...

Well, I think your study did have results that will stand up to peer review. I think that banning all other pets than dogs is a bit harsh. I say we just ban cats and call it a day.

Maybe Air 2's are a USA, Carribean, Mexico diving thing. I have never seen Air 2's used in Europe, Asia, Maldives and Africa. Not once.

I've seen them decorating the walls of dive shops ...
Funny, I've seen Air 2s in Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, as well as all over the Caribbean. Maybe it's just your dive sites?

Well, I think your study did have results that will stand up to peer review. I think that banning all other pets than dogs is a bit harsh. I say we just ban cats and call it a day.

Cats rule, dogs drool. The only problem is cats think they are gods.

Back
Top Bottom