Resources on how to use a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I am looking for resources on how to use a drysuit: how to execute correctly the set up, how to mantain it properly (cleaning etc.) including the pee valve, how to use it correctly while in the water

Of course I googled this and already found many relevant videos and tutorials but if you happen to know some good resources I would appreciate
Thanks

Hello, I am looking for resources on how to use a drysuit: how to execute correctly the set up, how to mantain it properly (cleaning etc.) including the pee valve, how to use it correctly while in the water

Of course I googled this and already found many relevant videos and tutorials but if you happen to know some good resources I would appreciate
Thanks

Did you take a dry suit course? That should have been covered in the materials/instruction.

Thanks

Get your hands on a copy of the one of the training agency’s drysuit class manual. Pee valve stuff will be in threads here. Just search. If you’re not going to take the class, were you planning on diving with an experienced drysuit diver?

Dick Long (founder? of DUI) wrote an excellent text. I'd see if you can locate a copy. It may be somewhat dated in regard to material types for construction. IIRC, I don't believe it was DUI specific....

EDIT - this may not be the resource I was thinking of in regard to techniques..... still a good resource.

Thanks
I didn't take the drysuit course yet, I am just waiting for the drysuit to be delivered
All the courses stopped due to Covid here, maybe they will reopen in early February (I hope so at least)
@Marie_13
I would like to get a copy of a training agency’s drysuit class manual in the meanwhile I wait to see what to do when the lockdown will be over. I can still decide if I will take the drysuit class or not, if not I must find a group of drysuit divers to go with in order to learn
Right now I am just gathering some info

Thanks
I didn't take the drysuit course yet, I am just waiting for the drysuit to be delivered
All the courses stopped due to Covid here, maybe they will reopen in early February (I hope so at least)
@Marie_13
I would like to get a copy of a training agency’s drysuit class manual in the meanwhile I wait to see what to do when the lockdown will be over. I can still decide if I will take the drysuit class or not, if not I must find a group of drysuit divers to go with in order to learn
Right now I am just gathering some info

If you don’t already have buddies experienced with drysuits to dive with, then take the class.

Back
Top Bottom