Responsibility of the Intro Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to sound like an ass but don't you hold some responsibility here?

It seems as though you want to know if they can hold you liable

*dave*, after this post I am no longer catering to those who can not follow the entire thread.

This woman is going to come see me for her OW certification; she thinks I am one of the competent instructors.

I fail to see how my statement that I have no fear of liability in this incident is ignorant. A friend of mine got hurt on a dive. I asked a question for her here. The wording of my question was questionable, which we all know hardly ever happens on ScubaBoard.

So Sue Me! :rofl3:

From Post 20:
The resort doctor she saw before flying only owned the phone diagnosis of viral sinus infection prior to the dive at the in person appointment with a prescription for antibiotics. An ENT on Oahu did not find any evidence of prior infection, verified by an ENT in Manhattan. She never filled the prescription from the resort doc. No rupture but there was expansion trauma.

This post is what led me to believe you were talking about Oahu. Sorry!!!
As for Manta dives on other Islands. Sure there is always the possibility for diving with mantas on any island but for a company to advertise it being a manta dive there wouldn’t be one other than the big island. Maui has a couple of sites but even then they are hard to say you will see mantas.

DM,s can take intro divers diving but only after they have completed the additional training, if in openwater only after an instructor has shown the skills and lead at least the 1st dive. Plus the instructor should be within indirect supervision.

As for the speculation its not really speculation, you just really have to dig hard to find the information. Like I said the news doest report the story adequately and most of the time companies are left put of the story. Most of the time its hard to even find out about a dive accident.

Finally professionalism
I am very professional and if what I have stated hurt anyone I am extremely sorry. I didn’t let my own opinion com into account; all I did was post the story from the news and mention other accidents and posed a question. All incidents are in public record.

Sorry about the last post. Some misspells missing or juggled words.
Cut the tip of my finger off the other day and typing is not all that easy.:admin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom