Restaurant Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the Burger House still in Business ? It was on Ave 5 ..... I think ...opened at 7 PM...until 11 ish ...

Yes. It is still open.

There are better places to get burgers these days, though.

La Antojeria on 11 does a really good burger. So does Frenchies. Both use much better burger patties than Burger House. Possibly the best is at The Pub. The amazing house-made Cuban burger at La Casa del Mojito is, sadly, no longer on the menu.

When I ask locals where they think the best local burger is, they often say... Carl's Jr.

Actually, sounding much like a gringo, I can Recommend the Karl's Jr down by the International pier. That is if you are into REAL US hamburgers, Try the Superstar with Cheese.

On the other hand, if you can get behind real Mexican food, I just found "Carnitas Diaz" out on 65 just 2 blocks south of the Giant Conch. Their Mixed carnitas, tacos or Tortas are the best I've found since Manzanillo 20 years ago. Bad news is that they close about 2 PM. But you can get it by the kilo if you have a refer.

But get the mixed carnitas.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

+1 for Frenchies since they added burgers to the menu! NO need for tired diver to wait until 7PM for a burger from B House. I know.. I know... But by 8PM I'm happy kicked back in bed watching some TV before I fall asleep for another day of diving.

+1 for Frenchies since they added burgers to the menu! NO need for tired diver to wait until 7PM for a burger from B House. I know.. I know... But by 8PM I'm happy kicked back in bed watching some TV before I fall asleep for another day of diving.
For me, being on Cozumel is an escape from television.

Rockin Java has a KILLER American style burger......best i have had down there for sure........!

I just found "Carnitas Diaz" out on 65 just 2 blocks south of the Giant Conch. Their Mixed carnitas, tacos or Tortas are the best I've found since Manzanillo 20 years ago. Bad news is that they close about 2 PM. But you can get it by the kilo if you have a refer.

I actually tried to get there for almost a year until I finally realized they were only open for breakfast and early lunch. I love those giant copper carnitas kettles. They're my favorite carnitas on the island. They do open early enough for a pre-dive breakfast of carnitas tacos for many people's dive schedules.

(For added confusion there's a different "Carnitas Diaz" on 30 and a "Carnitas el Otro Diaz", but as far as I can tell they have nothing to do with each other and the one on 65 Av. is the one to go to.)

Last edited:
I too was disappointed Alex took the burger off the menu at Casa del Mojito it was very good. Now I have to stick with the pork leg or cuban sandwich with a side of the fried plantains. Burger House is good, it is convenient when you are downtown. The burger itself is decent, I like some of the toppings they have which is a big reason we go back. Their onion rings which are not on the menu last time I checked are very good, pricey but good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom