Return of the Stroke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Returned a couple of days ago to sunny Florida and log on to find another cave Nazi living up to the name.

For the record, not all cave divers are egotistical maniacs who bash those who don't support their beliefs.

did you have a DIR/GUE encounter?
they are trying only to improve the quaility of your diving life.
why do you resist?

I guess my humor just didn't come across as intended....I really didn't mean for this to be a negative comment - just a funny one...

Thanks to you, Yooper and many other DIR/GUE enthusiasts on the board - I have learned a lot - and plan to incoporate these proven techniques into my diving - evn though I only plan to be a recreational/single tank diver. This was after initially dismissing them due to the manner in which I had seen the ideas presented in the past. I think once most divers take the emotion out of this DIR /non-DIR debate and truly evaluate these techniques/ approaches to gear/philosophy from a 'Best Practice' perspective - they will adopt may of the principals. (Hence my post - I think more and more divers will be 'assimilated' into DIR/GUE as it is a proven way to go...)

Thank you for your insights!

Originally posted by martinjc
I guess my humor just didn't come across as intended....I really didn't mean for this to be a negative comment - just a funny one...
Haha... me too Martin.... me too! :D

In fact I am just getting ready to go chase crabs here in a little bit with one of my non-DIR recreational buddies!!!

I won't even have an HID canister light or doubles along :D

Wish me luck! :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom