Return to NAD Lembeh (short review)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have just returned from another week at NAD Lembeh, fourth year in a row that I have brought a group there, and I do have to say that the resort itself is just improving by leaps and bounds each year. Enough is said on this board about the diving in Lembeh so I don't really need to say much about that, suffice to say that we did see everything that was on our list: mating blue rings, mating long arm octopus, wonders, mimics, rhinopias, pygmies, hairy frogs etc etc. What I am more impressed with is the continued improvements that NAD makes year after year, it's very easy to see that they keep investing their money back into the resort. Since last year they have built another private bungalow, have added "day bed rooms" to their existing bungalows, have added a pool and whirlpool, a new organic garden and tilapia pond for sustainable fresh fish that will be served in the restaurant as opposed to non sustainable reef fish which they don't serve, a new compressor room was being finished when I left the other day, and they will soon start construction of a brand new cafe/seating area/bar which will be located on the far side of the restaurant away from the rooms. Oh, and they also took possession of all brand new outdoor furniture two days before I left!

If you haven't been to NAD in a few years or you are considering heading to Lembeh and looking for a cosy mid range package then you will definitely want to look at this resort as a very affordable option with great service.

This may sound a little sales pitchy but I do have to be honest, I have not seen an operation that constantly strives to improve itself with new ideas and improvements like NAD does year after year.

I've been watching the upgrades on Facebook and I've been impressed. Their food looks really good too. I'm tempted to switch from my usual resort as I really enjoy good food. And as a farmer I'm curious about their aquaculture setup.

Has been a couple of years since I was there, but of the three places I have been in Lembeh the guides at NAD were the best at finding the really rare critters. Not that the others were poor, just that NAD were consistently better.

Back
Top Bottom