Reversible O2 regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, why route the hose onto the left side of the second stage?

if you clip all your deco on the left, the natural way to feed the hose is left handed orientation while you are using it

i don't see 200bar din being an issue for deco tanks if you are using 207bar aluminum anyways.

if you clip all your deco on the left, the natural way to feed the hose is left handed orientation while you are using it

i don't see 200bar din being an issue for deco tanks if you are using 207bar aluminum anyways.

Deco bottles should have a 40" hose and it goes behind your neck.

Just out of curiosity, why route the hose onto the left side of the second stage?
For the 100% o2, it adds an extra layer of security to the NOTOX procedure, with multiple stages I know that the left handed reg is my richest mix. I guess it's kinda like making oxygen regs green? Just another indicator.

Thanks everybody, for your input so far, I'd be glad to hear if there's anyone who already does this, and people thoughts about it!

If you really want a fully reversible 2nd stage and a uniqueness to help avoid confusion....

I can't think of a better choice than the Poseidon Xstream deco. I actually have one on one of my deco bottles. Impossible to mistake for another 2nd stage, and Stowes really well on the side of a stage bottle.

Certainly not cheap, but hey... that horse has left the barn. :wink:

The Mares Loop is reasonably priced and also very distinctive.

How about the good old, tried and true Poseidon Odin? Serves from either side, indestructible, bulletproof, works for everything. I recently bought one new in the box for $150. I use them for everything.

How about the good old, tried and true Poseidon Odin? Serves from either side, indestructible, bulletproof, works for everything. I recently bought one new in the box for $150. I use them for everything.

I'm a big fan of the Poseidon Odin(jetstream) and own several. Problem in this context is that Poseidon does not offer them rated to 100% O2. Withought debating how you can (or can't) O2 clean the earlier Poseidon regs, facts are the OP asked about regs specifically rated for deco / O2.

That's why I recommended the Xstream/deco, which is supported by Poseidon for 100% O2 service. And FWIW, the 2nd stage is just a compact version of the jetstream. And the Xstream 1st stage is just an awesome design.

let's make this real easy. The OP is in the UK, Apeks is in the UK, Apeks makes a regulator for this application. Go buy the Apeks XTX40or 50 w/ DS4 Oxygen and be done with it.

@J Pasquette I will say this however. You are on your deco bottles for a LONG time. Often longer than your backgas. Don't skimp on this regulator because you don't want to be on it for however long and it be miserable. Second stages don't really fail, so while they will have more "failure points" than a cheap unbalanced regulator, the performance will be a lot better and you'll appreciate that.

My money would go to the Xstream Duration, but I like Poseidons

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom