Reversible O2 regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As @JohnnyC mentioned, you want the second stage in a normal right-handed configuration. Put the hose behind your neck so it comes over your right shoulder as normal. Otherwise, you've got a mess of a hose sticking out in front of you trying to bring it straight from the left side.

As @JohnnyC mentioned, you want the second stage in a normal right-handed configuration. Put the hose behind your neck so it comes over your right shoulder as normal. Otherwise, you've got a mess of a hose sticking out in front of you trying to bring it straight from the left side.
with the XTX it takes less than 2 minutes to swap over, so if you don't like it backwards, change it back. Or get a Xstream where you can do it in the water.

I personally subscribe to deco bottles on the right, it's not DIR but I don't care. I cave dive, so they get dropped off anyway which negates the justification of bottles on the left for long hose donation. I also dive sidemount, so we put stage bottles on both sides. Having reversible regs makes that much easier to deal with

O2 Deco Regulator | Dive Rite That's what I use. It does have an adjustable second, and it has two LP ports. I like the button gauge that came with it.

Just a thought.... I use Apeks DS4/XTX 50s for my main regs. For stages and deco bottles, I use DS4/XTX 40s... same reg, less the adjustable second.

My main reason for sticking to the same basic reg is for ease of servicing and "swapability"... If I'm travelling for example, and have an issue with the first stage of a primary reg, I can easily swap out a first stage from a stage reg which may not be needed.

I don't see a point in mixing brands.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the Poseidon Odin(jetstream) and own several. Problem in this context is that Poseidon does not offer them rated to 100% O2. Withought debating how you can (or can't) O2 clean the earlier Poseidon regs, facts are the OP asked about regs specifically rated for deco / O2.

That's why I recommended the Xstream/deco, which is supported by Poseidon for 100% O2 service. And FWIW, the 2nd stage is just a compact version of the jetstream. And the Xstream 1st stage is just an awesome design.

I have all mine O-2 cleaned so that's a non-issue. I don't have any X-Streams but people seem to like them, and im sure they'd be fine as well. What I like about the Odin second stage is its super easy to grab and stow in a bungee loop, it's got that +\- switch, and it's really hard to break. I'm also not a fan of hoses behind my neck in sidemount (my own preference) so they work great there. They are not on the cool kid radar and can be found crazy cheap. You can find 3 or 4 of them for what some of the others cost.

I have all mine O-2 cleaned so that's a non-issue. I don't have any X-Streams but people seem to like them, and im sure they'd be fine as well. What I like about the Odin second stage is its super easy to grab and stow in a bungee loop, it's got that +\- switch, and it's really hard to break. I'm also not a fan of hoses behind my neck in sidemount (my own preference) so they work great there. They are not on the cool kid radar and can be found crazy cheap. You can find 3 or 4 of them for what some of the others cost.

you're killing me Bill, stop telling people that!

Apeks XTX seconds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom