Review: 2100 Prescription Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helarno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(This is a product/manufacturer review. Was not sure whether to put it here or in the Fins/Masks forum. If not appropriate, let me know and I will move it)

Ordered a 2100 Black Mask from Seavision in May. Has survived multiple diving trips to date and am quite satisfied with it. Thought I would leave a short review to support Sea Vision.

Started hunting for a prescription mask earlier this year as I was getting frustrated with my wife finding all the cool stuff and me going, "what, you mean that brown spot?". Especially frustrating when she started taking photos underwater and I realised just how much I was missing. Thus began my search for a prescription mask.

After lots of searching (did not have a good LDS at the time), ended up with only a couple of options. My main problem is astigmatism, not far/near sightedness. Inserts would not work and quite a few online prescription masks could not handle astigmatism. Fortunately, Sea Vision was one of them.

Ordering from the website was smooth initially in picking out style, colors, entering lense prescription, etc. Hit a wall with payment though - only US credit cards accepted online. Had to call their number to pass them payment details. John was friendly and quite helpful.

Mask was received a couple of weeks after ordering, along with a free defogger. Has worked very well for me since. Prescription is exactly the same as my glasses and the mask is just as clear as wearing glasses. Mask fits well, no leakage. Only time it takes water is when I'm doing a big leap into the water - the soft silicone is great most times but hitting the water from a height sometimes pushes sea water past it. No issues with backroll entry or other gentler water entry methods. Does not leak once in water.

Only been 9 months and 30+ dives, so can't be sure of its durability. Looks fine so far, no change from when I first purchased it. At present rates, it looks like my eyes will need an updated prescription before the mask wears out.

Overall really satisfied with the mask. Would be missing so much underwater without it. Will definitely be back for another mask in the future.

Back
Top Bottom