Trip Report Review: Blue Nation Diving in Loreto, BCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is flying into Loreto with an underwater camera/video housing, could you please update us on your experience with the new 16% Mexican camera housing tax. Divers flying through CSL and La Paz are definitely being charged per this SB thread. Thank you!

Do you have a reference for this? It sounds amazingly complicated. 16% of what?

We flew out of CUN about 10 days ago and nobody said anything about our camera housings but they are GoPro size.

From the thread I linked
Now that I have returned from Baja California, Mexico, here is what I know 1st hand. If you fly into Cabo San Lucas or into La Paz, Mexico, expect to pay a fee if the Customs agents stop you and notice that you have an underwater housing. The agent will Google the housing to see it’s worth, then demand that you pay 16% of that price.

The OP also wrote that Customs was targeting "hard-sided protective travel cases".

There's also more discussion in the original, longer thread here.

Back
Top Bottom