Review: DGX 600 vs Xtar D26 vs $22 eBay light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very unlikely lights in this price range are going to have constant voltage drivers.

Do you know of a light with similar characteristics that HAS a well made led driver?

Do you know of a light with similar characteristics that HAS a well made led driver?
Again, not in this price range. You may like this site for more info on a few lights but most of these are much more expensive. You'll see lights costing a whole lot more won't have constant voltage drivers. That doesn't necessarily make them bad, especially if you are doing single dives with enough battery capacity to sustain a decent voltage.
We Test Lights | Independent Tests, Reviews and Technical Comparison of LED Lights

Most advertising is shaded to optimize their product, and a lot seem to push the boundary of credibility a bit, some a whole lot. Given the price of the lights being discussed here and the remarkable performance compared to most anything from 10 years ago they are still a real bargain.

I personally have not use a D26 but our guide in the Philippines did. It worked well and did more diving in a month than most people do in a year. I gave him my 26650 batteries.

Can the DGX600 be turned on/off underwater? Saw a post recently that indicated it couldn't be.
Also, how wide is the beam on the DGX 600, and can it be adjusted?
Thanks.

Can the DGX600 be turned on/off underwater? Saw a post recently that indicated it couldn't be.
Thanks.

Yes, you can turn it on/off underwater. It's a simple twist on/off. It's a pain to do one-handed. But, with two hands, it is no problem at all.

Not sure of the exact beam specs. Roughly 10 degrees(-ish?) for the spot. It is not adjustable.

Thanks.

They also have the new push button version in both a narrow beam (10 degrees) and video (wide-120 degree). Looks like the same specs as the DGX 600, which has an 8 degree beam. Haven’t used it, so don’t know how well it functions. The push button is in the base.

They also have the new push button version in both a narrow beam (10 degrees) and video (wide-120 degree). Looks like the same specs as the DGX 600, which has an 8 degree beam. Haven’t used it, so don’t know how well it functions. The push button is in the base.

I have two of the push button spot versions and they work great. Very easy to turn on/off with one hand under water. The (10° I believe?) beam is not adjustable. Very fast (and free) shipping and very responsive customer service as usual from DGX. Excellent “all around purpose light” for the price imo.

Back
Top Bottom