Review of Carter Lake in Dive Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
You may all be surprised to see Carter Lake, Colorado, spotlighted in the "Diving USA" section in the July issue of Dive Training.

A few months ago, I was searching the DT web site in search of alternatives to Carter Lake. I was surprised to see that not a single site in Colorado had a review on the DT site. I did see, though, that they had a place to send in a review.

Being in a playful mood, I sent in a tongue-in-cheek (but perfectly accurate) review of Carter Lake.

I never dreamed they would print it.

Oh, they did not print all of it. Some of my best lines are on the cutting room floor, so to speak. They made some other changes and additions, too. (For one thing, the Larimer county people who run the area will be much happier with this review than my original.)

But anyway, that's how Carter Lake got to be spotlighted.

that's too funny.
Did they print anything about the flakey rangers?????
Toss a coin to see if you get hastled by them for "just diving". I thought I was going to have to call Gary or the other guy (Dan????) to get this one ranger off our backs.
Greg

Capnsnott:
that's too funny.
Did they print anything about the flakey rangers?????
Toss a coin to see if you get hastled by them for "just diving". I thought I was going to have to call Gary or the other guy (Dan????) to get this one ranger off our backs.
Greg

In my article, I made a BIG deal about the flaky rangers, but that was all cut out. They kept in the part where I said that dive rules were strickly enforced, but they left out my examples of the hyperanality of that enforcement. (How do you like that word? I think I just created it.)

It explains them pretty well. I like it.
I'm writing a proposal to add some concrete structures to the dive area, I may have to toss in an FYI about their rangers Hyperanality.....
Humm, good word....
Greg

Back
Top Bottom