• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Review of First (for me) Liveaboard in Egypt: Brothers/North Route

Discussion in 'Red Sea' started by nippurmagnum, Oct 3, 2019.

1. nippurmagnum

nippurmagnum Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I did not see much point to flying, because I didn’t have a pressing need to get to Hurghada early on the date of boarding the liveaboard. The drive took a few hours longer but I didn’t have to deal with airport transfers, security, possible flight delays, additional baggage fees, or other related hassles. Personally
    I think it makes more sense to drive than fly. The liveaboard doesn’t start boarding until 6 pm, so plenty of time to get to Hurghada if you leave Cairo by 11 am (after an early morning pilgrimage to the pyramids, a few laps in the pool, and a leisurely breakfast). If you fly, you have to get to the airport, deal with security and luggage hassles, and risk flight delays. And if you do fly in earlier to Hurghada, you’ll be twiddling your thumbs until checkin time at the boat.

2. nippurmagnum

nippurmagnum Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Yes. The owner of the Tillis has a very large retail scuba shop in Hurghada and people who rented equipment had no complaints that I heard of. But I brought all my own gear.

Adr1an likes this.