Trip Report Review of Utopia Village - Utila, Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blues Runner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Utopia Village sets the standard for luxury dive resorts and concierge diving. Utopia Village features AWESOME Owners and a fully engaged AWESOME Staff. First rate facilities, dive operation and excellent food. This is the real deal!

From the moment you arrive at Utila's air strip or dock, you are greeted by Paul (resort owner) and welcomed to this enchanted place. You are immediately made to feel like part of the Utopia Family. Paul and his wife Chrisna along with the Utopia staff carry the family feeling through the duration of your stay.

The guest rooms are cavernous and constructed in large part of native woods. The native wood carries into the main dining room, library, entertainment center and gathering room making them cozy, inviting and celebrate the natural beauty of the island. The outdoor area has a beautiful infinity pool, wonderful huge hot tub/pool for post dive relaxing, beach palappas, lighted dock and beach bar.

The food is fresh, locally sourced where possible (including locally caught fresh fish) and carefully prepared. The breads and desserts are baked fresh every day! We enjoyed afternoon snacks of pizza, ceviche and fresh fruit in the hot tub prior to dinner!

Did I say the Staff is AWESOME? Unbelievable caring, warmth and enthusiasm all day every day. You are greeted by name from arrival to departure. Any reasonable needs are prioritized and met. A couple personal examples:

• I forgot my dive camera lanyard. The next morning, Utopia's Maintenance Manager delivered a professional homemade lanyard for me to use.

• I had a calf cramp the first dive day. At breakfast the next morning I requested a banana (potassium). I was informed that they wouldn't be ripe until the next day. For the remainder of my stay, a bowl of cut banana’s greeted me at breakfast regardless of where I sat.

The owners have prioritized engaging Utilan and Pigeon Key Hondurans to staff the resort and dive operation. This results in participation in the resorts success by the local community.

Whale Sharks - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. We were very fortunate and lucky to have whale shark encounters four consecutive days. The first encounter lasted an astounding 18 minutes. Since this was the first documented (left side picture) sighting of this particular whale shark he was named in honor of the Boat Captain "Elvis"! Very cool!

Paul and Chrisna are simply the best there are! A midlife change in direction brought them to Utopia Village. In addition to making their guests feel like family, they have made the wellbeing and success of the local community an integral part of the resort.

If you dive and enjoy being treated like family (Royal Family) Utopia Village should be on your list. You might also be fortunate to have an encounter with Elvis or any of the other Whale Sharks that frequent Utila!

Blues Runner

Attachments

• boat5.jpg
    boat5.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Encounter End.jpg
    Encounter End.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Pool Lunch.jpg
    Pool Lunch.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 141
  • Seahorse 2.jpg
    Seahorse 2.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Spinner Dolphins2.jpg
    Spinner Dolphins2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 133
  • WS Below.jpg
    WS Below.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 137
  • WS3.jpg
    WS3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 143
  • WS4.jpg
    WS4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 129
  • WS6.jpg
    WS6.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Agree with the above review. One of the highlights of our visit last August was a side trip for a tour of Pigeon Caye.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom