Review: Orcatorch D620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did spend some time looking at your tray and it with two of your video lights seem to be quite good and from a video I saw, it looks to be high quality and a stable system.

It is absolutely a system I would look at although there is no cost anywhere on the tray.

I did spend some time looking at your tray and it with two of your video lights seem to be quite good and from a video I saw, it looks to be high quality and a stable system.

It is absolutely a system I would look at although there is no cost anywhere on the tray.

Are you in Abu Dhabi now? We have a distributor there, we'll check with them if they have stock.

Are you in Abu Dhabi now? We have a distributor there, we'll check with them if they have stock.

Yes I am. In Al Ain, Abu Dhabi

Great! I'll update you once I get reply from our distributor!

No worries. Feel free to message me once you hear back and thank you.

Last fall a major supplier of another brand of lights sent me eight lights but charged me for ten. While I was on my way to DEMA I was visiting my family in Denver so I went to this supplier in Colo. Springs. They pretty much called me a liar, repeatedly saying how tight their inventory control was and their count was good, so I must not know how to count...I have ten fingers but only eight lights would fit in the box that they shipped them to me in. I told them they needed to check their warehouse staff. Funny part was there was one of these expensive lights just laying on a shelf by an empty desk. It's a free country so I do not need this type of business relationship.

Like I said I was on my way TO DEMA... There I found Orca Lights at a new supplier's booth. We left with about 75 lights of various sizes and colors. They have been a big success for our dive community. I am about to place another order here this week and we are looking at expanding our selection.

Great dive light...
:wavesmiley:

I have been eyeing the D620 and it seems to be the can light I would buy right now, if I needed a can light.

If they would change the can to be twice as tall and hold 8 batteries, instead of 4, it would be the can light I would buy right now, even though I DON'T actually NEED a can light right now.

Double the burn time on High plus long enough to hook a long hose under sounds just about perfect (given the current tech in LED emitters).

I have been getting good quality 3300mAh 18650 batteries on eBay for about $8 per cell. I have a good charger/tester, to make sure I'm using healthy batteries. I have no problem with a can that uses individual batteries, instead of having them all bundled into some arrangement that just makes it harder for me to replace cells when needed.

Even taller, with 12 batteries, and tuned up to put out 4000 lumens (the rated max for the Cree XHP70 LED emitter that is used in this light) would be even better. Or is the 2700 lumen rating actually the output "out the front" and the XHP70 is already running at max? If that is the case, then just give me a twice as big canister, please! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom