Review: Orcatorch D620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it is too small to stow the long hose so I just tuck mine into my harness. Still easily deployed but stowed away.
Have you tried using a retainer next to the canister ?

Apeks Hose Retainer

During my GUE Fundies both of my buddies didn’t have canister long enough.

One attached his daughter’s pink ruler (which snapped later) and another a toothbrush using bungees to make the canister longer :)

I have emailed Orcatorch and they said a D630 is coming in June and may be better for this. I couldn’t see the harness position in the video below.

Have you tried using a retainer next to the canister ?

Apeks Hose Retainer

During my GUE Fundies both of my buddies didn’t have canister long enough.

One attached his daughter’s pink ruler (which snapped later) and another a toothbrush using bungees to make the canister longer :)
I have used the Apek holder before. Not bad but I am happy tucking mine into the harness which is the same thing I do when diving single tank BM.

Spend money on a piece of kit just to save me from tucking my long hose under my waist belt? Thank you, next! LOL :D

Spend money on a piece of kit just to save me from tucking my long hose under my waist belt? Thank you, next! LOL :D
Ah cmon it’s only £20 :)

On sale for even less!

I'm good with stuffing my hose in my waist belt. :)
I am pretty sure you could buy a PVC pipe or a small metal pipe and cut a hole to make a retainer :)

Just make sure you smooth the edges before to use it

I wonder why they moved to 4 LEDs on the new D630. Not moving to the XHP70.2. I guess that a single LED would make it possible to get a smaller lamp or less side spill, in my eyes one of the disadvantages of the D620 seems to be the large corona, lighting up all the stuff in the water, so you can't see very far in bad visibility water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom