• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Review - Sandals Grenada

Discussion in 'Lesser Antilles' started by BalekFekete, Jan 20, 2020.

1. jmark18

jmark18 Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives:
    I agree with everything. Sticker shock especially when I compare it to how it was in the early90's. I would only add that if Micky and Jane are booked( which they usually are since there are so many repeat guests) try AquaTCI. A like minded small operation

2. Reefterp

Reefterp Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Ok another follow up question having never been to a Sandals resort (or any resort as large as this one)-

Did you find it was difficult to get a lounge chair at the pool or beach, or have to eat at odd times because restaurants were full? I was looking at the different price points and can't see us wanting or needing the Butler level but the beachfront rooms I'd like are at club level. There are of course even cheaper options that are neither and I'm wondering how much it really matters.

3. BalekFekete

BalekFekete Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Short answer: It depends.

Long answer: I can only base the feedback on the single trip, however, getting a pair of lounge chairs was never a problem IF you don't have a burning need to be on the front row on the patios around the pools. Those are largely grabbed by the butlers early (i.e. before 6am) and holding chairs throughout the day is not something that is policed nor - based on what I saw - even frowned upon. We stayed to the pool down by the ocean, which was quieter and far less frequented. There we were able to get a good pair of chairs with an umbrella just by showing up around 8:30ish before breakfast. On the days we dove, the chairs down at the beach were apleanty.

Restaurant-wise, two options required reservations. Butches Steakhouse fills up fast, so make sure you stop by the reservation desk as soon as you check in. We were able to go twice over the course of the time we were there. Those restaurants that didn't have reservations were always walk in and sit down for us without waiting.

4. Reefterp

Reefterp Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thank you this is really helpful feedback. We would plan to be down by the quiet pool near the beach or on the beach anyway for some peace and quiet. No need to party with the honeymooners . My husband needs more shade than I do though which is why I wondered about the ability to get a lounge chair anywhere near some shade. But totally fine not being front row.

5. BalekFekete

BalekFekete Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    You’d have zero problems. My wife liked to get some sun, whereas I can take it or leave it. We never had a problem finding a pair of chairs with an umbrella or near some of the palm trees on the beach.