Revisiting an old topic: Welding O2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Transfill from a small ("125") welding oxygen bottle. If you're so inclined, there are small oxygen boosters available for around $2K (new) that will allow you to use up most of the source gas.

My cascade already is a bank of 4 "125" bottles. I need to find the most hassle free way to get individual RB bottles filled when I can't fill them myself.

My cascade already is a bank of 4 "125" bottles. I need to find the most hassle free way to get individual RB bottles filled when I can't fill them myself.

Will the local dive shop fill up an HP tank with oxygen? At least that way you'd start out with ~3500 psi and could transfill off of it.

Will the local dive shop fill up an HP tank with oxygen? At least that way you'd start out with ~3500 psi and could transfill off of it.

Based on my experience I'd be stunned if a local commercial gas supplier would touch a Scuba bottle with a ten foot pole.

Tobin

That's why I asked if the local dive shop would fill it with O2 to 3500. :wink:

Oops! Gotta improve the reading comprehension:shocked2:

I'd still be pretty surprised if many (any?) LDS would be willing to pump O2 up to 3500.

Few LDS's have O2 boosters, and most are not real excited about filling beyond 3k.

Tobin

Transfill from a small ("125") welding oxygen bottle. If you're so inclined, there are small oxygen boosters available for around $2K (new) that will allow you to use up most of the source gas.

Sure, if I had proper training as a sport rebreather diver which they want to charge me many $$$$ for. But I was trained as a commercial rebreather diver before the shop owner was even born.:shakehead:

Sure, if I had proper training as a sport rebreather diver which they want to charge me many $$$$ for. But I was trained as a commercial rebreather diver before the shop owner was even born.:shakehead:

No, what I'm asking is if you're adv nitrox trained, or have DAN O2 certification, dive shops will fill oxygen tanks for you. Then if you have an HP tank (~3500 psi), and if they aren't scared and have a booster, will they fill it to the rated pressure? DAN O2 cert would be the cheap way to go if you just need the cert to obtain O2.

If you have access to a booster that is O2 cleaned, that would be another option.

What about Helium??

I heard there is a balloon filling grade with some air in it.

Do they have welders grade and better?

You guys are nuts using industrial/welders O2 or balloon grade HE. Work a few hours longer to afford the proper grade and live a full life...

Back
Top Bottom