Revo- Bottom Heavy- Looking to Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot Dog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Revo -Bottom Heavy - looking to fix upward tilt
New to rebreather (75 hours) and want to get back my doubles trim. Usually strategically placing weights will do it. I was recently on a boat where a revo diver was using a sidemount wing (BC?) and he thought it helped to lift up the lower half (I think his was an xdeep tech)Any thoughts?
Thanks

Have you used the weight tray on the top, if so what make are your fins?

i think its a case of experimenting ive got trim pockets on my waist belt which helps - if you've
got a dry suit you can put a bit of air into feet

Have you used the weight tray on the top, if so what make are your fins?
This week diving tropical versus usually with dry suit. That may be the issue (duh). But this will repeat when I go caving. No weights needed. Poseidon fins

i think its a case of experimenting ive got trim pockets on my waist belt which helps - if you've
got a dry suit you can put a bit of air into feet
This week diving tropical open water. Usually in a dry suit. However , Id like to solve this before I go caving in FL. Perhaps some weight in the tray (as did not need any weights). Thanks

This week diving tropical open water. Usually in a dry suit. However , Id like to solve this before I go caving in FL. Perhaps some weight in the tray (as did not need any weights). Thanks
yes tropical diving is trickier I used a weight belt last time but not 100% happy with it -can you lift there unit up on to back a bit more by shortening straps or maybe trim pockets near shoulders

I tried the raising the unit but then was doing the valve shut off drill and they were too far up to reach with my terradactile (sp?) arms! clearly a tweaking work in progress! Thanks

@Dsix36 is the rEvo expert around here. If anyone is gonna have a real answer short of "ditch the rEvo for a better unit," it's gonna be Don.

That being said, one of the "joys" of diving a rEvo is the upright trim and the crappy WOB (comparatively) if you actually get it flat in the water. Most rEvo divers just live with the fact they're gonna look like a seahorse. I don't agree with it, but that seems to be the consensus based on every rEvo diver photo on the internet. So you might just have to live with it.

@Dsix36 is the rEvo expert around here. If anyone is gonna have a real answer short of "ditch the rEvo for a better unit," it's gonna be Don.

That being said, one of the "joys" of diving a rEvo is the upright trim and the crappy WOB (comparatively) if you actually get it flat in the water. Most rEvo divers just live with the fact they're gonna look like a seahorse. I don't agree with it, but that seems to be the consensus based on every rEvo diver photo on the internet. So you might just have to

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom