Right place, right time ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
There are times when you happen to catch a subject that not only shows a subject, but tells a "story" ... a moment in time that you were fortunate enough to be there to capture.

Last night I chanced on one of those ... an octopus that was in the process of capturing its supper ...

CIMG3871.jpg

Let's see your favorite "story" shots ... pictures that captured a particular moment when you just happened to be in the right place at the right time ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Un huh... Did you give him any help catching his supper? :eyebrow:

Just kidding. Wonderful shot, Bob!

Wow, thats an amazing picture! I've just begun underwater photography so unless you want to see the story of a little boy named backscatter, I got nothin! Phenomenal picture though.

I can empathise with that octo, I too sometimes have a great desire for something crunchy ;>)

catherineshark-1.jpg

it is a Tiger hitting a hooked Marlin,

not the best shot, the video is better, lots of fin tips, felt like the wrong place.

Great capture Bob!

On a night dive on Buddy's Reff (Bonaire) I was shooting this pregnant Arrow Crab when it started releasing it's eggs (I believe I may have posted this last year).

Bon06%20Arrow03.jpg

Bon06%20Arrow02.jpg

Dave

I've posted this before but it fits in the right place, right time theme so well.
Last summer in Kona, the moray went around my lovely brides neck!
See the short youtube clip.

marimoray.jpg

No help from me, Rick ... that octo captured its own Happy Meal ... :D

I've posted this before but it fits in the right place, right time theme so well.
Last summer in Kona, the moray went around my lovely brides neck!
See the short youtube clip.

marimoray.jpg
Ooooh ... now THAT must've been a pucker moment ... :11:

I can relate ... I was diving with my wife once (back when we were married) and she swam a little too close to a ling cod egg mass. Papa Ling latched onto her leg and started shaking it like a dog. I had to whap that fish upside the head a few times with my dive light ... all the while shouting into my reg, "GET OFF, THAT'S MINE!"

We've since learned to recognize ling cod eggs and keep a respectful distance ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Good find...you can always make things happen as well. Just find a crab and feed it to the octopus then start snapping away. Nature photographers do this all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom