Right place, right time ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it's not a PETA approved story though..

My friend in the BVI (an old time underwater producer) was riding a marlin with a scuba tank on his back, rodeo-style to document.... what an a-hole macho guy he was, I guess, and the Tigers showed up to teach him some humility about the food chain. I have the video because I was there and he gave it me as a souvenir, but I have never been able to post any video for some reason. The sharks get very aggressive and all you can see is Armando back kicking (not the DIR method, somewhat faster and on his back) and his fin tips doing a rapid back pedal.

Let's just say it made my week.

He needn't have worried ... sharks don't go after scuba divers. They don't like the tanks ... makes 'em fart ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here's an octopus getting ready to eat a conch..........
octopuseye.jpg

Not to rain on your photo parade, but looking at that pic it appears as if there is a hermit crab, not a conch, inside that shell.

Still a very cool pic though!

This group of whitetip reef sharks had found something worth investigating in the rubble above Blue Corner. A Napoleon wrasse and a big black jack also poked their noses in there from time to time.
BlueCorner_feedingfrenzy_palau07.jpg

Please forgive the backscatter...

it appears as if there is a hermit crab, not a conch, inside that shell.

how can you tell? Are you seeing antennae?

Blue Corner.
...always a lot of action , huh? like a fireworks finale everywhere you look.

This group of whitetip reef sharks had found something worth investigating in the rubble above Blue Corner. A Napoleon wrasse and a big black jack also poked their noses in there from time to time.

Please forgive the backscatter...

ahahaha... I remember that group from Blue Corner!

how can you tell? Are you seeing antennae?

If you look closely at the middle of the shell, you can see the two forelegs of the crab curved around it.

Spectacular!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not to rain on your photo parade, but looking at that pic it appears as if there is a hermit crab, not a conch, inside that shell.

Still a very cool pic though!

probably so, I just lump everything into a conch when I see a shell..............GEAUX TIGERS...........

Back
Top Bottom