Rincon Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Rincon, Puerto Rico, (west coast) last week of May. There's supposed to be good diving there. Renting a house on Corsega beach. Anybody have any advice, re: dive spots, dive ops, restaurants, etc.?

:jaws:

We did our open water in Rincon and had a good time. We used Taino Divers and I would recommend them. They went out of their way to make sure we had plenty of dive time after our skills. Go on their boat to Desecheo Island and dive the area they call Aquarium. It is full of aquatic life and corals and there is the live bomb at the bottom from when USA used the Island for target practice. Also, you can do some shore diving up in Aguadilla at Crashboat Beach. There is a dive shop to rent equipment. There is parking by beach. You can dive out around the piers. It is a happening local place to picnic and swim.

Any side road stand that has a crowd has GOOD LOCAL grilled food. I found the locals were very helpful in translating and picking great eats. Enjoy your trip.

Do Taino Divers still make the guests hump all the tanks fron the shack to the leaky boat?

I just returned from 3 days of diving with Taino divers. They were fantastic and I could not recommend them any more highly! Yes, Taino still has no marina so they back the trucks approx 15 feet from the catamaran and the divers and snorklers set up a firepale line and load the boat. It takes no more then 10 minutes and is really easy so don't worry about that one. If you are not physically able to do it or unwilling to do it, that is fine since there are usually more people there for the line then needed and the employees of Taino are there as well to load. Desecheo Island is fantastic and the swim throughs and coral formations are amazing. The whales were migrating through when I was there and we could hear whale song at every dive. It was awesome. This is the only dive op in the area that goes to Desecheo. I also did a night dive at crashboat pier and it was great. If you get a chance, go to Villa Confresi hotel which has a great bar in the evening to see the sunset and it has a great atmosphere/night life.

rashdecision,
did you have a chance to dive with emily of taino divers?
last august i stayed on the s/v juliet.
emily was a fill in dm.
she knows all the names for the fish.
she helped make the trip into great holiday.
the diving on desecheo and mona island are some of the best in the area imho.
thanks for the trip report.
regards,

rashdecision,
did you have a chance to dive with emily of taino divers?
last august i stayed on the s/v juliet.
emily was a fill in dm.
she knows all the names for the fish.
she helped make the trip into great holiday.
the diving on desecheo and mona island are some of the best in the area imho.
thanks for the trip report.
regards,

I did get the chance to meet Emily. She was an absolute sweetheart and was a great DM but she was taking a group on a discovery dive so I only spoke with her on the boat. She was off for the other two days I dove with Taino. She had a lot of advice in regards to live aboards (Im looking at doing a liveaboard next year). She was doing very well and seemed to be set up well with Taino.

Back
Top Bottom