Rinse after fresh water dive??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im new to diving so bare with me. Is there any reason to rinse your gear, and I mean ALL of it, computer and all, after diving in a fresh water rock quarry in Kentucky?

I "THINK" its only necassary to rinse after diving in salt water or cholorine enviroments.

The dive IS the rinse. :D

I personally wouldn't worry about it unless it was all full of sand or something.

R..

I like the one suggesting wash after diving water you wouldn't drink. Who said that...? :medal:

Except I was raised drinking hard water. Rather soak my camera in RO or softened water if possible.

It's amazing how little gear gets rinsed on most liveaboards.QUOTE]
I have not been on a liveaboard yet. I heard your only allowed 30 seconds for a shower. So I cant imagine them allowing water to be used to rinse equipment. How does rinsing gear on a liveaboard work?

KY BOB,
I live in Louisville. I have not been to Pennyroyal yet. I dove at Falling Rock Park. Its 30min out from Louisville in a small town named LaGrange. Falling Rock Park

It's amazing how little gear gets rinsed on most liveaboards.QUOTE]
I have not been on a liveaboard yet. I heard your only allowed 30 seconds for a shower. So I cant imagine them allowing water to be used to rinse equipment. How does rinsing gear on a liveaboard work?

KY BOB,
I live in Louisville. I have not been to Pennyroyal yet. I dove at Falling Rock Park. Its 30min out from Louisville in a small town named LaGrange. Falling Rock Park

That's on my "to dive list" for this summer. Not sure when I'll make it up there but I will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom