Rinsing and storing gear on cruise ships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be another side dish of E. coli; Richelia; and some yeasts that we couldn't readily identify. Buy your own . . .

That would be another side dish of E. coli; Richelia; and some yeasts that we couldn't readily identify. Buy your own . . .
I bought my whole family wetsuits for this very reason.

I like cruise the caribbean with all my gear. I rinse everything in the stateroom shower and then hang everything from the bathroom ceiling with very strong magnetic hooks (don't forget the walls and ceiling are all metal on ships).

The pool deck showers are still my go to. Tons of room to wash everything well then lay it on some deck chairs

I like cruise the caribbean with all my gear. I rinse everything in the stateroom shower and then hang everything from the bathroom ceiling with very strong magnetic hooks (don't forget the walls and ceiling are all metal on ships).

Dang... thank you. I just ordered some magnetic hooks and I'm going to borrow your idea for our next cruise dive trip.

Dang... thank you. I just ordered some magnetic hooks and I'm going to borrow your idea for our next cruise dive trip.

Just make sure you keep those strong magnets away for anything in your suitcase that can be erased by a magnet. Been there--done that!

It works very well, and as cruise ship bathrooms are "wet rooms" (drain in floor), it doesn't matter if the gear drips a bit.

Here is a 360 degrees photo of my gear drying in the bathroom on my cruise on the Symphony OTS a few weeks ago (you can zoom in-out and pan all over:

Dive gear drying in cruise ship bathroom.

Even in a small inside stateroom bathroom the gear doesn't take up too much room.

Can you get two sets of gear in there?

Can you get two sets of gear in there?

Yup, no problem at all. With 3 magnets per person and coat hangers you can easily hang 2 sets of gear in the bathroom. Also when they're not dripping anymore you can move them inside the cabin along the walls to free up the shower/bathroom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom