Rinsing regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure will be glad when Pilot Fish gets his 1000 posts so he'll stop stretching out the inane threads he starts.

Channel Cat:
Sure will be glad when Pilot Fish gets his 1000 posts so he'll stop stretching out the inane threads he starts.

This poster just joined today, has one post and this is it? No dive info, no gender, nothing, just this post wondering about me and the validity of this thread? Interesting. snif snif, something fishy here. :eyebrow:

pilot fish:
This poster just joined today, has one post and this is it? No dive info, no gender, nothing, just this post wondering about me and the validity of this thread? Interesting. snif snif, something fishy here. :eyebrow:
Dude.

You're famous.

[Though it's not applicable here, every time I hear this line I hear Tom Petty saying "No, man, you're famous!" even though I don't think he said that..]

[Famous sounds really funny when you say it enough.]

Okay, if you think the tank is bad. You need to look at a culture of your mouth. The bacteria is unreal.Then think about who you may have kissed lately. The stuff learned in nursing school many years ago that I remember. Ugh! Never mind what has grown on your mouthpiece between dives. Don't think that just because you washed it with soap that its clean. On a more positive note a 1:10 dilution of clorox and H2O: soak for 10 minutes then rinse will kill of lot of nasty stuff.

Sincerely Texasdave

TexasDave:
On a more positive note a 1:10 dilution of clorox and H2O: soak for 10 minutes then rinse will kill of lot of nasty stuff.

not to mention killing a few thousand tastebuds in the the process

:wink:

the rinse tank on most dive boats are reserved for photo gear only .... they have a limited supply of fresh water and don't want the divers waisting it. (Liveaboards can be an exception) I've seen some really bad rinse tanks on docks (Mexico) that look like they would do more damage than the saltwater. If a water hose is there it's a good to use it but I generaly will take my stuff back to the hotel and soak it in the tub. The bathroom sink is also a great place to let you regulator soak overnight.

scubapro50:
the rinse tank on most dive boats are reserved for photo gear only .... they have a limited supply of fresh water and don't want the divers waisting it. (Liveaboards can be an exception) I've seen some really bad rinse tanks on docks (Mexico) that look like they would do more damage than the saltwater. If a water hose is there it's a good to use it but I generaly will take my stuff back to the hotel and soak it in the tub. The bathroom sink is also a great place to let you regulator soak overnight.

Hotel bathtub? That's cleaner than the rinse tank? IDONTTHINKSO. What do thousands of people do in those bathtubs, per year? Washing their what? YUCK!! Do you really think they put clorox in those tubs? Of the two, rinse tank please, unless, of course, you see some diver scrubbing his booty in there.

So where do you recommend we wash our regs, since the rinse tanks is nasty and the bathtub is nasty?

OE2X:
Travel to any third world country and the drinking water will be worse than the rinse bucket. :wink:

Wellllll, I would say it's not so much the water as the fact that the glass you drank it from was probably rinsed in "rinse tank" quality water just before you drank from it. Actually I would rather drink well water (and I do) from many rural 3rd world countries than the chlorinated, chemical laden water in many US cities.

omg pilot are u one of those ppl who open doors with napkins on their hands, constantly clean their house? man as that guy said go to the mountain and stop diving, or better yet dont move the germs might get u....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom