RIP Jose De La Fuenta - Scuba Du

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Jose De La Fuenta, owner of Scuba Du passed away on the Island yesterday. I never dove with Scuba Du but I figure there are some Scuba Du divers on here.

I met Jose some few years ago when we first chartered his fishing boat the Kay Kib. Deb introduced us as Jose had done a lot with the Cruz Roja in Cozumel. Later, we took the Kay Kib to 9th place wins in the Rodeo de Lanches Mexicanas in Cozumel in 2015 and 2016. He was so very nice to us and we enjoyed the his and his lovely wife Laura's company after our wins.

He invited me to go with him to the fishing tournament in Isla and I had hoped to do it this next year. He was a funny engaging guy and could tell a story. I had looked forward to that adventure.

Keep his wife Laura and the family in your thoughts and prayers.

jose smaller.jpg

Thanks for posting. Never dove with them but never heard anything bad about them either.

Thank you for sharing this here Chief. It is an incredibly sad time for the diving community and island in general. Jose was an invaluable member of the Cozumel diving community as ell as the island community and set high standards on the island. He will be deeply missed.

Holding his entire family including his beautiful wife and daughters, his brother Jorge, family, friends and staff in my sincerest thoughts and prayers.

RIP Jose and thank you for all you have done over the years for the betterment of the island dive community!

So sad to hear. So sorry for his family and the island's loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom