RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's just not the same here without her, and I am certain that is felt in all aspects of her life. She is very missed here and I am sure by many others.

We're all still wondering what happened, but I hope it was a fun dive until the last. I am certainly sorry for her dive mates who must accept that they did all they could and move on - helping other divers maybe, but not beating themselves up. Hell, I'd rather go diving than suffering in a bed somewhere.

I haven't been keeping in touch with this thread but suddenly had a thought to say hi to her daughter whom she'd said was involved with animal work like myself. Seems like her Facebook account has been closed. Is there anyone here who can point me to her girl IF she's on Facebook because the messages where she'd mentioned the town / state were the ones I'd deleted?

I have just got the link for this So I will post it here as well as in the good causes section. RIP Marcia the forever teacher..we still learn from you as those you trained, dived with you and experienced your passion and drive. You have touched so many in so many ways here and in your previous life as in teaching English to so many other language speakers. Your books continue that role. First in your family to go to university from. From a poor background you rose above and found creative ways to get the edcuation you demanded for yourself. Your accomplishments were impressive but more so the job you did as a wife and mother. The passion, drive and support you gave them made them the greatest of of the many gifts you leave behind. YOU crammed 3 careers into a life that was too short!

I hope people will donate to this worth cause, not just because we cared so much for Marci but because we also care so much for the environment she loved and is no much in need of protecting!

https://www.razoo.com/br/causes/Marcia-Fisk-Ong-Memorial-Coral-Reef-Preservation-Fund

In our next lives we can hope to meet again. Than again perhaps she has already returned and is bringing joy to a young family already.

I just saw this news today. I am shocked and sadd. Marcia dove with my operation on one of her trips to Cozumel. I had the pleasure of diving with her and geting to know her story. She was a really super neat lady and this still shocks me - I know none of the details and prefer not to. I will keep the fond memories of diving with her and being "censored" by her a time or two - always professionally and she kept me out of trouble when I was struggling withthe restraint of pen/"enter" key -

RIP Marcia - you are diving in Heaven now!

I logged onto SB after a 6 month absence today, and I am absolutely sick.

Marcia was a real 'dame', a great teacher, full of life and stories to share. I was lucky enough to have her as my dive buddy/AOW teacher in Thailand this spring...and although we had our differences, she was a wealth of information and always willing to share. She spent hours with me, getting me over my fear of diving after DCS, and making sure I had a great trip, both in and out of the water. For example, I must have spent 2 hours at depth improving my buoyancy...and she never failed to fiddle with something to get me 100% level in the water. And she was very patient with me, even when my type AAA personality didn't want to listen :) And boy, did it show. By the end of seven days, I was a dramatically different diver, thanks to her.

Every time I test my nitrox tank...I will think of her, teaching me how to read my gauges...in that little white sundress. I still can't believe it.

Thank you Marcia...may you rest in peace and find all of God's macro creatures, ready for their next photo closeup. And to Marcia's family, both in the states and in Thailand, thank you for sharing her with us. She will be missed.

I just found out about this last, was a real shocker. Was just with her in April, she had arranged a trip for our group after many months of planning. She was great, I'll miss her.

I just saw this and am shocked. We had our disagreements but I felt that I deserved the rollicking that she gave me for messing-up my dive over the San Francisco Maru last year. RIP.

Please allow me to offer my thoughts and prayers to all who knew this diver. I am so sorry, and I hope they figure out what happened to her.

Back
Top Bottom