RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sorry to hear this, RIP ... you will be missed....

As I was browsing around Scubaboard posts, I was shocked to find this extremely sad news. Marcia's contributions to Scubaboard and the diving community will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends.

I was off of SB for few months and find this? I am shocked and sad. RIP Quero!

It's especially sad when her replies appear with her grinning sun-drenched smile in any previous postings. I never met her in person and wish I had more than just email memories.

Wow last night I was wondering why I haven't seen her comments on any forum here and I found this sad news. I don't know her personally but I like her commentaries in this forum, she will be missed. RIP Quero!

I just learned of this today, and am stunned. Sadness. I enjoyed diving with her, and wanted to do so again when I return to Thailand.

RIP to an amazing woman.

I only just found out ...
When I went to Thailand last time Marcia was really helpful, atr short notice she arranged my diving, and whne I had a DCI incident she was most helpful & caring, and wee agreed that when I was next to go back to Thailand I would book with her.

Today I went to my link for Gecko divers to find it down, bit of Googling then thought I'd try here ........... was shocked to see the RIP notice.

Marcia was a genuinely friendly & helpful person ... my condolences to any friends or family.

I am just learning this news today. I went to FB to send Marcia a message to ask her to organize a dive trip for me next October. I was hoping to figure out a way to have her dive with me as well, because she was an amazing guide. Her love of the ocean came through in everything she did. I considered her a friend, as we did a couple trips that she helped organize. She also spent time taking my son (9 at the time) on a SCUBA Ranger-type dive in Thailand. I got in the water and videod her interactions with my son. She was so caring of him, and her enthusiasm for showing him the marine life - even at the shallow depths of 2 meters and less from that type of dive - was infectious.

Marcia, I will miss you. My heartfelt condolences to any friends and family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom