RIP Renee Applegate ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just seen on Facebook that Renee "Apple" Applegate, owner of Dive Paradise has passed away.

Apple was a true legend in the diving industry. She was one of the first women to be certified, one of first women dive instructors and one of the first women to own and operate a dive op.

I you had the pleasure of knowing her, you also knew she was a wonderful person.

I finally got to meet her a few years ago. After many attempts on Coz, and just missing her at the shop, we finally crossed paths at the Arlington Convention Center in Texas where DP had a booth at the scuba show.

we talked for nearly an hour, when I just wanted to stop and say hi.

I never got to meet her, but I sure did like diving with her Dive Paradise operation.

Sad news.

RIP Apple.

I had the opportunity to meet this fine woman at several dive shows and events.

She was a lighthearted soul dedicated to diving and providing for her divers.

She will certainly be missed, not forgotten.

I heard today that Apple passed away. Renee "Apple" Applegate was the guiding force of Dive Paradise & Hotel Cozumel. Many probably met her at the many many dive shows she attend. Excellence in service was required of all her staff. Uniform shirts all had a small "a.t.o." on the sleeve. I asked & was told it stands for "a tus ordenes" which translated means "at your service". Apple leaves big shoes to fill in the Cozumel community.

Dan Orr posted this image today.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1502734905492.jpg
    FB_IMG_1502734905492.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 423
Apple was awesome. She leaves some big shoes to fill. Im sure hearts are heavy in Cozumel. She did so much over the decades to promote safe diving & the destination.

Reactions: mdb
thank you for letting all of us on the board know.

Very sad. I never stayed at Dive Paradise, but Apple was always friendly at the shows.

RIP Apple.

Apple will truly be missed ! She ran an excellent operation and always had a friendly word for everyone she met. Cozumel has lost a wonderful ambassador for diving. My deepest sympathy to her family, friends and staff.

Reactions: mdb

Back
Top Bottom