RIP Stuart Hunt (stu_in_fl)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just got word that a once active member here, Stuart Hunt, (stu_in_fl), passed a few days ago due to cancer. He was very active with ScubaBoard events and such in the early to mid 2000s. I had not seen him since he left Fort Myers and I left for Asia around eight years ago. He was just an all around great guy and will be missed by everyone who knew him. I am very sad...f cancer.
11218995_10207358906161707_1866245484024639714_n.jpg

Man, that sucks. RIP, Stu

Sorry to hear that. Another reminder none of us are guaranteed old age.

Richard.

RIP Stu_in_fl...
One of my favorite memories of Stu happened diving in Venice, Fl. I arrived at at the site (Sharky's On The Pier, which I have only dove twice... ever) to dive for shark teeth in Venice...

I recognized Stu's car but didn't think about it after that. On the dive, I came across another diver and grabbed their fin... Stu turned around and to his surprise, saw me there... After our separate tooth dives, we went to lunch at Sonny's there in Venice...

We shot the s*&t for a couple of hours just enjoying each other's stories and company.

My wife and I recently asked each other if we had heard from Stu recently and neither of us could answer to the positive...

Stu never had a bad thing to say about anyone or anything that I can remember... If no one else misses him, I do...

Go to a good place Stu, and know I remember you very fondly!

How's that go? Only the good die young? I never knew you Stu RIP my condolences to friends and family.

Rest in peace.
It's always disheartening to read these.
As I get older, most of my friends I have met through diving.
It always strikes a cord when I read these passings; many of us are only one vacation or on chance encounter from possibly meeting one another.

For me, there is something about diving that makes me feel a connection to people I haven't met in person.

My sincere condolences.

-Mitch

I was brokenhearted to learn of Stu's passing. I dove with him a couple of times at Keys Invasions, he was such a gentle, sweet, intelligent man and a terrific dive buddy. Although I barely knew him, and haven't seen him in years, he was such a wonderful human being that I feel a tremendous loss. I suspect that MANY SB members feel the same way. RIP, Stu.

Really sad. We haven't interacted in years but I still remember my first trip to the Keys in 2005 or 2006, and he was my dive buddy for about 8 dives on the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb, and various reefs. I was much less experienced then but he was very patient and made me feel comfortable and competent. Fare thee well, Stuart.

I had a great time with Stu on a few trips. We last saw him at a MotoGP race almost a year ago. He'll be terribly missed from our adventures and not forgotten.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom