RipOff: bestpricecameras.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonka97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
http://www.bestpricecameras.com/

This company is known by many other names:
Additional Websites: www.infinitycameras.com, www.infiniticameras.com, www.mraccessory.com, www.regencycamera.com, www.hellocamera.com, www.beststopcamera.com, www.jandkcameras.com, www.eastcoastdistributor.com, www.citywidedigital.com

This is a classic bait/switch con game business; they advertise very, very low prices on cameras and such, then will con you into agreeing to a package....You eventually find out that you were charged $400.00 for a $50.00 lens; $150.00 for a $40.00 CompactMedia card. The salesman will speak in broken English, acting as though you are really getting a deal. The camera appeared to be a grey market item, with no warranty from Nikon.

If you just want the basic camera (in my case Nikon D200) the salesman will turn up the heat insisting that you need accessories.

I bit; paid via VISA, and when I received my shipment couldn't believe the cheap crap and rip off prices. The invoice was a 'package' so that individual items could not be scrutinized.

I spent 2 hours on hold trying to get a return authorization number; as soon as the rep determined I wanted to return the shipment, I was put on interminable hold, then 'click', disconnected.

I contacted VISA, who agreed to disputing the payment, packaged the crap, and sent it back. Had to search to find a physical address.

Check this out; quoted from http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/...ty=&Phone1=&Phone2=&Phone3=&MembersOnly=False

"Nature of Business
Complaints to the Bureau allege that Best Price Cameras engages in high pressure sales tactics and false claims in order to intimidate consumers into buying extra items while they are placing their original order. Reports allege that these extra items are usually not compatible with the camera and consumers are not given an exact total of all items at the time of purchase. As a result, consumers are charged for warranties, batteries and other camera accessories that they did not know they were buying and that were advertised on the website as being included with the camera. Consumers report that invoices from Best Price Cameras are not itemized so it is difficult to know what consumers are being charged for and it is very difficult to obtain a refund. Consumers also detail grievances with the company such as being lied to about order status, cancelled orders without notification, purchasing and never receiving a product, being charged in excess of their original purchase without their consent, and difficulty contacting the company.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.

The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The number of complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed."

Guess you get what you pay for . . .

this company has been all over the internet with terrible ratings.....did you not look into them before ordering?

The best weapon you have against this kind of scam is www.resellerratings.com. Always check out a retail website you are unfamiliar with before ordering!

Type "bestpricecameras.com" in the store ratings and see what every poor soul had to deal with before you.

Lesson learned :)

Resellersratings.com is powered by SHOPPING.COM :no Ad driven / Has no bearing on if a company has good customer service.
Better off checking the better business bureau for complaints. :D

cubanismo:
The best weapon you have against this kind of scam is www.resellerratings.com. Always check out a retail website you are unfamiliar with before ordering!

Type "bestpricecameras.com" in the store ratings and see what every poor soul had to deal with before you.

Lesson learned :)

medical1:
Resellersratings.com is powered by SHOPPING.COM :no Ad driven / Has no bearing on if a company has good customer service.
Better off checking the better business bureau for complaints. :D

i disagree - it posts customer feedback, and is a good check
although, companies probably post fake "satisfied posts", you just need to check to see how many dissatisfied posts there are.

bottom line, if somewhere is showing it for a lot less than B&H photo or Adorama, then it is probably not legit.

Say what you want about "resellerrratings.com", but I have found that they have good gouge on companies with whom to do business.
And not to add insult to injury, but run a search on this board for "bestpricecameras.com" and you will find previous accounts of their deviousness.
Caveat emptor.

I find that asking on various forums will lead you in the right direction a lot of the time, too. Of course, you must take everything with a grain of salt but there are companies out there that consistently get high marks from a wide variety of sources.

B&H
www.buydig.com
www.sigma4less.com
Adorama
are four off the top of my head.

If you want real, true personal service and very very good prices with excellent customer support, I recommend Allen and his crew at
Allen's Camera & Video
4401 New Falls Road
Levittown, PA. 19056
PA. local phone: 215.547.2841
Toll free phone: 888-547-2841
fax: 215.547.9446
email: info@allenscamera.com

I adore these guys.

Back
Top Bottom