Ripped Mares Avanti Quatro Power fin after just 4 days use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BronxJoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just had a frustrating day. My fin ripped on the top of the footbed(not tight fitting). I paid 130$ USD for the fin, transported from NY to Cozumel 50$ USD and it will cost an additional 50 USD to bring the fin back if I choose to return it. A local dive shop here in Cozumel told me this has happened a number of times in their shop too. Is there a Mares rep on this board that can offer any assistance that will not break the bank ? the fins were too long & will not fit in a carry on, I am willing to take photos.

I have the same fins, can you post a photo anyway so I can see the failure?

Aviator, can you tell me how to post a photo here ? I have them ,but don't know how to post it to scubaboard

Aviator, can you tell me how to post a photo here ? I have them ,but don't know how to post it to scubaboard
When you reply in the post you should see this which will allow you to upload a picture. Then choose to insert it as a thumbnail or full image.

Capture2.PNG

Not allowing me to post photo ..... says there is an error & to try again. keeps logging me off

Odd. Maybe try hitting the report button to notify a mod. They may be able to assist.

5 days & no one from Mares has any comment at all ?

Just because there is a Mares forum does not mean Mares is monitoring it. Plus Mares is an Italian company...design is the forté of Italian companies, not customer service.

The expectation is that you need to take your fins back to the point of sale for evaluation and possible replacement. Companies like Mares do not typically interface with the end-user of their products. If you did not purchase your fins new or did not purchase them from an official retailer of Mares products then you will have very little to no recourse.

Sorry about the problem you have with your fins, hopefully the place you bought them from will take care of the issue for you.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom