Ripped Off My Stingray City Video As Fake Steve Irwin Stingray Attack Footage!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a youtube guy, but I'm guessing he cleared five figures on ad revenue if he monetized that video. Getting it pulled is great, but it seems like there should be an easy way to recoup that loss. Not so much for the money, but just to hammer a dirtbag like that who created a sham video to profit off the loss of a genuinely good guy. You could even donate the proceeds to the SPCA or some other animal rights or conservation charity.

So this person posted a video on YouTube 11 years ago depicting the 'official' footage of the stingray attack that led to Steve Irwin's death. This is a FAKE video since the footage is actually ME from my Cayman Islands Stingray City dive which I posted on YouTube 13 years ago! If you play both videos back to back, you will see that he ripped off my video without my permission and used it to gain from Steve Irwin's death as he has over 23 M views of this false video. I have attached links below to both videos for everyone to verify and have started YouTube copyright legal proceedings.

I'm sure that many divers here were huge fans of Steve Irwin as I was. To gain from his death like this is totally unacceptable.
what poop! sorry to irwin's family :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom