Risk a Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe it or not, it is allowed to plan your own trips. Debbie and do this all the time, and generally spend about 20 to 30% less than doing a comarable trip with a shop, any shop. Also, the Caribbean Explorer liveaboard to the Islands you mention is a FANTASTIC TRIP. Pricey, but worth every penny.
DivemasterDennis

The only liveaboard trip I've ever done that seemed to have any potential for seasickness issues was to the Southern Bahamas. I'be done Saba/St.Kitts with Explorer Ventures twice and it was flat both times.

I think you may be mistaken with the part in bold. I have planned a couple of trips myself and find that not to be absolutely true. Often with a group trip there are things that are added that you might not get if you book it yourself, an extra night, free shore diving etc. There is also the idea that a person's time has value, at least mine does. Making the time to take care of the booking, airline reservations, airport transfers etc. There is also a certain amount of comfort to be gained in going with a group when you are not a seasoned traveler such as yourself. My last trip was a live aboard, it was a fantastic trip and it included 10 days for the price of 7, airport transfers and airfare. I wrote 1 check for the whole thing. Did absolutely nothing except decide I wanted to go and write the check, I was on my way without so much as a second thought about getting to and from the destination.

Believe it or not, it is allowed to plan your own trips. Debbie and do this all the time, and generally spend about 20 to 30% less than doing a comarable trip with a shop, any shop. Also, the Caribbean Explorer liveaboard to the Islands you mention is a FANTASTIC TRIP. Pricey, but worth every penny.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom