Roatan Dive Academy Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's still such an amazing place to dive diver85! We hope to have you come and join us for a trip sometime!

Thank you but no thank you......Our Roatan days are over......We owned a house in Sandy Bay on the water from '94 thru '08(my next trip back would be number 26) & I want to remember Roatan the way it was......:)......Lotsa great memories from there, but that island is in the past for us(wife & I)............

Hello! We're a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Center and have been running our busy internship program for over 10 years. We have certified hundred's of DMT's, lots who have successfully gone on to complete their Instructor training or continue working in the industry as DM's. I myself am included in that group and still work for Subway after completing my internship over three years ago. While our dive shop is located on the quieter east end of the island, we are one of the busiest dive shops on the island and the only shop to have both north and south side dive shop locations. Our internship house, which is filled with kids between the ages of 18-25, and some a little older, is located closer to the busy part of the island and we provide transportation to and from the touristy West End once or twice per week. We find that our interns get a very valuable experience here and bond with their fellow interns and develop life-long friendships, moreso than at other dive shops where interns are responsible for finding their own housing outside of the program. We provide contact information for former interns who are now working in the industry for your son to speak to directly, so you're not simply getting a bias opinion from our staff. We also offer real world experience for our interns working on a daily basis with our week long package dive guests, cruise ship guests, and walk-in guests who come to our shop for a variety of activities. What's more, we offer free trips to Pigeon Cay or Cayos Cochinos for all of our interns, and many other benefits that no other shops are offering! Again, my opinion is obviously bias, but as a former intern who still works for this shop out of the love and respect I have for it, I can 100% say I wouldn't have chosen any other dive shop to complete my training with. You can contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns Julie, and we would be happy to put your son in contact with a few former interns he can get the true "insider's perspective" from as well. Have a great day!View attachment 374087
Thank you for your reply. Ultimately my son will have to decide. Both Subway and Coconut Tree have responded to him and explained the details of internship. Both have been progressional and I am comfortable with whichever organization he ultimately chooses. I must say that this forum has been most helpful and I appreciate everyone's contributions. We won't post here which choice he makes. I wouldn't want to influence others opinions about either because I believe both are excellent organizations based on the professionalism of both. Thanks everyone for all your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom