Roatan with layover in Sam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going I have a same day stop in Miami. What concerns me is my checked luggage might not get there. When I stated a direct flight I meant no stops between the departing airport and arrival airport. It would be difficult to get off the plane if it didn't stop somewhere.

A nonstop flight does as its name suggests: flies from one airport to another without stopping. A direct flight, on the other hand, makes stops along the way. Often, passengers traveling on direct flights make a stop at a midpoint airport and remain seated on the plane while some passengers exit and others board.

My sister had this happen but she was connecting through Miami as opposed to flying in directly from Miami. I can't imagine how an airline can lose bags on a direct flight!:facepalm:

The airlines do not usually lose bags, although that does happen on occasion. However, there are a host of reasons why your bags might not get on your airplane, among them being aircraft weight restrictions, space/weight needed for more lucrative and time sensitive cargo, and then there is TSA random bag checking. On a recent non-stop from Charlotte to Houston, the TSA examined all three of our bags, and the bag with my dive gear did not make the flight. Luckily this flight was post dive trip, so the late bag was just an annoyance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom