Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as your DM is a good critter spotter they are worth following to see things and learn from. OTOH, not all are good. Also, I think the critter I find on my own is often more rewarding than what someone finds for me. So it works both ways.

As long as your DM is a good critter spotter they are worth following to see things and learn from. OTOH, not all are good. Also, I think the critter I find on my own is often more rewarding than what someone finds for me. So it works both ways.

Not to mention that often when the DM finds it, he bangs his tank with a rod and a swarm of divers descend upon it. When I see that I'll just stay where I'm at. Often the DM sees I'm missing out, bangs again, and motions me over. I'll flash ok and stay where I'm at. Maybe I'll go have a look after everyone has left.

It wasn't until a friendly DM started explaining to me where to look and why that I started to understand what I was missing. Different type of critters relate to different habitat....become aware of those relationships, it becomes much easier to know what to look...

Yep, looking “harder” just doesn’t work.

Not to mention that often when the DM finds it, he bangs his tank with a rod and a swarm of divers descend upon it.

Ask him later “how” he finds that creature. They’re not just lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom