Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m quoting the Chairman’s post mainly because it presents multiple scenarios. What I would like to see are the dive profiles for the 3 dives. And in particular the amount of decompression that was performed associated with each dive.

I think if you go the Broward County Clerk's site you'll be able to find the documentation filed in the Stewart case. I believe that the dive profiles were included in one of the rEVO filings--though that might have been when the case was in Federal Court. If I can find some time on the week-end, I might be able to dig them out of my files, but I'm teaching this week and fairly pressed for time.

Looks like there there is some very sloppy investigative reporting published here.
That's generous. He claimed the guy wasn't certified and didn't bother to check the only place where one could actually find out. Either the guy is a total amateur, which I'll admit is a possibility. Or, he's deliberately posted the false information. The latter seems more likely since the solution is so obvious that some random guy on the internet was able to figure it out.

Credibility. It's important. Some authors don't have it.

I’m quoting the Chairman’s post mainly because it presents multiple scenarios. What I would like to see are the dive profiles for the 3 dives. And in particular the amount of decompression that was performed associated with each dive.

Hi P,

That's the sixty four thousand dollar question, and very likely the root cause reasons why one professional's life is in shambles, and one professional is deceased.

I firmly believe, relating to the dive profiles/obligated deco, what they should have been and what they were, are two entirely different things.

I think Mr. Sotis is only alive because he got back on the boat. if the boat had been any distance from their re-surface point, they both would be gone.

Rose.

Hi P,

That's the sixty four thousand dollar question, and very likely the root cause reasons why one professional's life is in shambles, and one professional is deceased.

I firmly believe, relating to the dive profiles/obligated deco, what they should have been and what they were, are two entirely different things.

I think Mr. Sotis is only alive because he got back on the boat. if the boat had been any distance from their re-surface point, they both would be gone.

Rose.

The three final dives posted below. These are the printouts from one of his two computers but there is little difference between the information on the two.

Dive One.
IMG_0049.jpg

Dear Sir,

From these three charts, what do you surmise, diver error/computer error/both/neither/rebreather fault/mix problem, I'm sure this list could be considerably longer and beyond my talent to grasp.

Whatever happened, affected them both in a similar fashion, Mr. Sotis just happened to be lucky, when he blacked out as he was on the boat and was attended to, Mr. Stewart was not so fortunate.

I do remember, during the film, Mr. Stewart commented on diving with the ''best rebreather''. further, in one of the films, Mr. Stewart was seen diving with a different rebreather. I don't know what it was, perhaps another member can shed some light on what it was, and how it factored in, if in fact it did.

I want to understand, and any accurate knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Rose.

I’ve known a few tech & CCR divers who tread water on the surface rather than inflate their wing. Seems totally silly to me. Call me lazy but if I have a 44# lift wing to lay back on and wait for the boat, I’m waiting for the boat taking it easy!! Not to mention the reduced activity is better for your body after a long deco dive.

I’ll take the lazy way. Lay back, enjoy the sun, wait for my ride, and if truth be told I’m usually peeing upon surfacing so the extra time is welcome

Back
Top Bottom