Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It appears that a student answers yes or no and for any yes answers must go to a physician.... this is from IANTD Egypt.
It is the same for both NAUI and NASE. You only need the doc to sign off if you answer yes to something.
Don't have a link for the NAUI form but the nase form is here

Peter was not acting as Stewart's instructor on this dive. Or any dives on this trip. Peter was very clear in the role of Safety diver, as was Claudia, their roles were spelled out on the studio call sheet that was prepared for that day.
But What About this Add Helium FB post? Wouldn't this indicate that Sotis was training Stewart?
AddHeliumTrimixRobStewart.PNG

But What About this Add Helium FB post? Wouldn't this indicate that Sotis was training Stewart?
View attachment 615458
From the rEvo case;
“One element that came to light from testimony from the boat captain was that Stewart was on the surface for 3 minutes when he then became incoherent and unresponsive with no assistance rendered from the boat crew as captain said “it was up to the passengers to decide if they wanted to voluntarily enter the water to save a drowning man.”

The boat crew left a guy in the water for three minutes when his dive buddy had just passed out? How is that anyone’s problem but the boat captain ? IMO that is as bad of a case of gross negligence as I’ve ever heard.

From the rEvo case;
“One element that came to light from testimony from the boat captain was that Stewart was on the surface for 3 minutes when he then became incoherent and unresponsive with no assistance rendered from the boat crew as captain said “it was up to the passengers to decide if they wanted to voluntarily enter the water to save a drowning man.”

The boat crew left a guy in the water for three minutes when his dive buddy had just passed out? How is that anyone’s problem but the boat captain ? IMO that is as bad of a case of gross negligence as I’ve ever heard.
And here is part of a deposition where there is testimony under oath that Sotis mailed in the Certifications for Cahill and Stewart on the day of Stewarts Death and then tried to rescind them on the day after. Maybe I have a perception problem here, but there are FB posts and photos claiming ongoing training and submission of certifications for training on the day of the incident. (The same certifications that are now be touted as reasons " he should have known better" that Sotis tried to rescind). Sure sounds like training was being done to me! After 3 years of exhaustive research and some being involved as “insiders” it seems to me that this would have been easily available for consideration before making claims to the contrary.
AddHeliumCertificationRequestandRemoval.PNG

Though @Wookie mentioned what a narcissist he is, he didn't include a reminder of what a pathological liar he is. And this one lie that I still can’t figure out . Why would he publicly lie about this with so many witnesses? But that’s the biggest problem with pathological liars. They lie so much, they can't remember all of their lies.
ADDHeliumSotis_Unconscious.PNG

Given all the fascination with this topic, I'm sure you'll all be keen to read the book when it comes out. There is a lot in this book that's never been revealed before. A great deal of misinformation has surrounded this event.

The Third Dive - Rocky Mountain Books
So @Rosborne in the interest of disclosures have you let people know that you were actually trained on the rEvo at Add Helium after Rob Stewarts death? Was Peter or Claudia your instructor? That you are actually friends with Peter Sotis? That you obfuscated and refused to interview Rob Stewart's family for the film the Third Dive. But were enough of a buzzard to show up at his Memorial in Denver and pick at his bones? This is simply sheer incompletely researched propaganda.
AddHeliumRobOsborne_LI.jpg
OsborneSotisFriend_LI.jpg
OsborneStewartsFamily_LI.jpg

View attachment 615458
I think the explanation that was detailed somewhere in one of these threads is that post was 4 days before the death, and the class took two or three days. I believe the day he died was supposed to be one day after he completed the course.

So @Rosborne in the interest of disclosures have you let people know that you were actually trained on the rEvo at Add Helium after Rob Stewarts death? Was Peter or Claudia your instructor? That you are actually friends with Peter Sotis? That you obfuscated and refused to interview Rob Stewart's family for the film the Third Dive. But were enough of a buzzard to show up at his Memorial in Denver and pick at his bones? This is simply sheer incompletely researched propaganda.
View attachment 615576 View attachment 615577 View attachment 615578
I think that's very interesting and relevant information. However, getting trained with the person in question also seems like the kind of research a committed filmmaker would do. Anyone making a documentary has to find people who are willing to talk and, frankly, are interesting on camera. That's a major reason why books are more accurate than films, you can use the words of people who won't talk to you. Indie documentaries are made on a shoestring, it's not like you can just drop everything, get a crew together to talk to the family, and re-edit the film after it's in the can.

View attachment 615576 View attachment 615577 View attachment 615578

If you read that carefully, it says I approached Peter Sotis through a friend, not that I was a friend of Sotis. I was quite open about taking a course with Add Helium. My instructor was Robert Johnson. I wanted to learn more about the rEvo before making any comments about it in either the documentary or book. I thought that was the responsible thing to do. I reached out to the Stewarts and asked for an interview multiple times--for both the documentary and the book. We were invited to Denver. We could not have filmed there without an invite from the organizer. Please check your facts before you go off half cocked.

Back
Top Bottom