Robbing Paul to pay Peter... a disturbing trend with Revo Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no idea Paul would participate, much less hijack the thread. But then, I didn't think you would help him, either. Why not take my OP at face value, rather than try to put words in my mouth? I'm certainly not trying to put any in yours or Paul's. Rather ungentlemanly of me I guess.

Peter - I have loads of respect for you and what you have done for the community. BUT - You cant honestly expect anyone to believe this? You.....the guy that started, owns, manages the worlds largest dive community forum.....basically an expert at social media as it relates to product marketing and social forums.....started a thread using PAUL's name in the title, all about his product and alleged business practices....and DIDNT expect him to eventually participate - knowing darn well that he is an active participant in many online communities and well connected to social media.

I find that very difficult to believe.

You haven't, but I'm pretty sure I've read that word more than once in this thread. It's not a distortion.
I haven't gone back to check, but if you do, I think you'll only find it describing what a few suggest we are saying about Revo Rebreathers. It's hard for me to check that on this tablet, but yes, that's the very definition of distortion. Saying I said that doesn't make it so. Say it often enough and people actually think I did. It's an easy mistake to make or a passive aggressive way to hijack the thread.

....and DIDNT expect him to eventually participate -
Thanks for the kind words, but no one can accurately predict where a thread will go. Only a fool would think they could. I'll let my OP speak for my motives. After all, we don't see Peter in here and I'm sure he posts more than Paul. Both are more than free to participate here but there's no requirement to do so.

... or a passive aggressive way to hijack the thread.
Seriously, Pete? ...passive aggressive way to hijack?
I don't wanna go back and check 20 pages either, so let's say you're right and I'm wrong. It doesn't change the fact that I think people have been unfairly going after revo for business practices. If Paul had done something douchy, I'd be all for letting the guy have it here... but he didn't do anything.

Seriously, Pete? ...passive aggressive way to hijack?.
If you're looking for sympathy from someone who's been accused outright of far worse in this thread, you'll have to look elsewhere. At least I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the kind words, but no one can accurately predict where a thread will go. Only a fool would think they could. I'll let my OP speak for my motives. After all, we don't see Peter in here and I'm sure he posts more than Paul. Both are more than free to participate here but there's no requirement to do so.

Agreed. No one can "accurately predict" where a thread will go, on that we agree. However - your statement when is was alleged that you baited paul was not that you couldnt "Accurately predict" his participation......it was that you had "NO IDEA". Accurately predict and no idea....are far apart.

When a fisherman baits a hook....they can't accurately predict if they will catch what they want.....but I wouldnt say that they have no idea.

Well, actually, Paul just explained it to me directly in a personal email.

Let's assume I were to become a rEvo instructor in Colorado. If I occasionally came to Florida with my clients from Colorado, and I did not advertise to recruit local students nor work for a local competitor of the current dealer, then it would be ok. It appears that working for a competing business and advertising for local students would be the problem.
Agreed.

Read my last post. The example I give is a rEvo a non Florida rEvo instructor listed on the Amigos dive shop web page (a north FL shop) as a CCR instructor. That's exactly the same situation as Jim being listed as a CCR instructor on the Tech Dive Florida Keys web page.

Same situation, vastly different treatment.

So, now I'm being accused of baiting as well. That's OK, I've got my big boy pants on and can take criticisms, even if they are unfounded. I'm certainly not going to accuse you of being Paul or Peters sock puppet. That's just BS and nothing but a distraction. Instead, I've answered your concerns directly. You may not believe my answer, although I've supported it with facts, but I've respected you enough to answer you directly.

In addition to that, I find it peculiar with all these accusations, that none of the three assertions in the OP about Revo Rebreathers has been challenged.
  • Three Course Directors are selling their Revo Rebreathers
  • They aren't allowed to teach them in the Keys
  • I see no path for me to become an instructor on a Revo Rebreather

>>>Edit: I am heading out of country for a week. I will probably have internet service, but I'm going there to dive and not post.

So, now I'm being accused of baiting as well. That's OK, I've got my big boy pants on and can take criticisms, even if they are unfounded. I'm certainly not going to accuse you of being Paul or Peters sock puppet. That's just BS and nothing but a distraction. Instead, I've answered your concerns directly. You may not believe my answer, although I've supported it with facts, but I've respected you enough to answer you directly.

In addition to that, I find it peculiar with all these accusations, that none of the three assertions in the OP about Revo Rebreathers has been challenged.
  • Three Course Directors are selling their Revo Rebreathers
  • They aren't allowed to teach them in the Keys
  • I see no path for me to become an instructor on a Revo Rebreather

>>>Edit: I am heading out of country for a week. I will probably have internet service, but I'm going there to dive and not post.

How is anyone being prevented from providing such instruction?

Back
Top Bottom